Are you facing issues while connecting your Netgear router to the internet? Well, you are not alone. It is one of the most annoying issues experience by 90 percent of Netgear router users across the globe. But you don’t need to worry! We are here to help you. Here, in this post, you will get to know some effective ways to get rid of Netgear router won’t connect to the internet issue. Let’s start over!
This post will prove one of the best solutions if you are bothered by:
- Netgear router can’t detect the internet connection
- Can’t connect to 192.168.1.1 during Netgear router setup
- Netgear router won’t connect to the internet
- No internet on Netgear router
- Netgear router app showing offline
- Netgear router keeps on losing internet connection
- WiFi connected but no internet
If you are facing anyone of the above-mentioned issues, then try restarting your Netgear router and modem. It is said that a simple restart can fix many big issues with Netgear router.
Table of Contents
To restart your Netgear router:
- Turn it off first.
- Then, unplug it from its respective wall outlet.
- Wait for 5 minutes.
- Plug it and turn it on.
Along with this, also restart your modem, PC, laptop, smartphone, or tablet.
As soon as you restart your Netgear router and other WiFi-enabled devices, try performing 192.168.1.1 login again to confirm whether your internet connection is working now. If not, head over to the next troubleshooting tip to get rid of Netgear router won’t connect to the internet issue.
Fix: Netgear Router Won’t Connect to the Internet Issue
Check all the LEDs on Your Netgear Router
If the LEDs on your Netgear router are not lit then also you may encounter with the issue. In such a case, you have to be sure that the LEDs on your Netgear router are stable. For this, you can do the following:
- Relocate your Netgear router. Place your Netgear router near to your modem.
- Also, ensure to choose a place for your Netgear router that is open and airy.
- Apart from that, do not place your Netgear router near to thick walls, corners, inside cabinet or beneath a table.
- If you are using an Ethernet cable to connect your Netgear router to the modem, then ensure that the wire is in good condition. And in case of a WiFi connection, make sure to connect your Netgear router to your home WiFi.
- Do not get connected to an unknown WiFi.
- Make sure that your home WiFi network (SSID) is enabled.
Check Your Internet Connection
The next step to fix Netgear router won’t connect to the internet issue is checking the WiFi connection whether it is working fine or not. To check the root cause behind the issue, connect your PC or laptop to your Netgear router. Once done, try accessing the router login page using 192.168.1.0 or 192.168.1.1 IP address. In case, the router login page loads up properly, then the culprit is your device, not your internet connection. In such a case:
- Restart your PC, laptop, or mobile device.
- Besides, you have to make sure that your device’s software is up-to-date.
- Also, ensure that you are using an updated version of the internet browser.
- To fix router login issues using 192.168.1.0 or 192.168.1.1, ensure to clear the entire browsing history first.
Alternatively, if the default Netgear router IP address is not working on your device, it signifies that your router is the culprit. In such a case, you need to power cycle or restart your Netgear router to fix the issue.
Update the Router Firmware
Another reason why your Netgear router won’t connect to the internet is the outdated firmware. So, to get the most out of your internet connection, make sure that your Netgear router is running the latest firmware version.
Log in to your Netgear router using 10.0.0.1 to check for the updates available for your device.
That’s all! These were some effective ways to resolve Netgear router won’t connect to the internet issue. However, if the issue still persists or want information about 10.0.0.1, contact our expert technicians via comments.