MS Outlook is the most widely used email storage application by many industry professionals around the world. It can use the Personal Storage Table (PST) file to store the entire mailbox data. But sometimes, when users try to download or backup a PST file to another folder / location, there is a chance that users may encounter a 0x80070021 error.
In this technical text, you will find the maximum possible solution for correcting the error 0x80070021 in PST file. Before that, let’s discuss how to [pii_email_aef67573025b785e8ee2] Error Code Solved in MS Outlook?
Error 0x80070021 usually occurs when users use Outlook Express and Outlook to access their data. It doesn’t affect much, but it does cause the user to access the Outlook account. Also, because of this problem, no one is able to send or receive email. It is also caused by a false Outlook ID and password entered by users.
Table of Contents
Reason behind error 0x80070021
There are several reasons behind the occurrence of Outlook Error 0x80070021. Some of them are mentioned below:
- Due to hardware failures, users are unable to store or transfer their data to PST, and this can lead to errors such as 0x80070021.
- Sometimes, the data storage device is likely to be defective, and because of this, errors such as error 0x80070021 can occur.
- It will also be due to the establishment of a proper internet connection on the system.
- When you are working with Outlook, there is a sudden power outage. It will then corrupt your PST as well as face 0x80070021.
These are the common reasons that can cause Outlook error 0x80070021 in PST file. Now, more on the solution part to completely fix the 0x80070021 error in the PST file.This section will define various methods on how to solve [pii_email_c75373ce5b34bf577425] Error Code in MS Outlook?Follow each solution step-by-step to troubleshoot Outlook Error 0x80070021.
Check Outlook is not running
- Error 0x80070021 usually occurs when Outlook is in the background running phase and users want to copy their PST files.
- To check if MS Outlook is running in the background, click on the Start icon and find the Task Manager.
- In the window that opens, select the Processes tab.
- Select with Outlook if it is listed under Applications and click on End Task button.
- If you do not find Outlook in the list, go to the background process and check if it is listed there.
- Once you feel that the Outlook application is running, right-click on it and select the Finish Task button.
- By closing the Skype application from Task Manager, the Outlook error 0x80070021 is automatically fixed.
Uninstall Microsoft Office Communicator
- Fixed a 0x80070021 error in the PST file due to an MS Office Communicator product virtually older than other office software such as Outlook.
- To begin the process of uninstalling the MS Office Communicator application, click on the Windows Key + R button.
- Enter appwiz.cpl at the specified location on the Run window and click the OK button.
- Check if MS Office Communicator is present in programs and features.
- Now, select that software. Then click on Uninstall button to remove Office Communicator.
- After that, restart Windows after uninstalling the Office Communicator application.
Clear the boot window
By clean-booting, Windows will restart the system with minimal background software and services. After doing that and you can learn How to [pii_email_b47d29538f12c20da426] Error Code Solved in MS Outlook?
- Click on Windows + R button to open Run tab.
- Enter msconfig at the specified location and click the Enter button.
- On the Opening Wizard, select the Selective Startup option.
- Now, deselect the Load Startup Items option.
- After that, select with the Load System Services option and use the default boot configuration settings.
Here, you need to make sure that the Hide All Microsoft Services option is selected.
- Click the Disable All button and deselect all third-party services.
- After that, click Apply >> OK and then open the dialog box again.
- Now, after a clean boot, copy Outlook PST and restore your original startup configuration.
Restart Windows in safe mode
- Hold down the Shift key and click Start >> Restart option from the menu.
- After restarting, troubleshooting >> Advanced Options >> Find more recovery options and click on Startup Settings.
- Finally, click the Restart button.
- The Startup Settings list appears on the screen. Click the 4-key to enable Safe Mode.
Exclude Outlook Search Email Indexer add-in
- Now, to remove the add-in, click on the Files tab in Outlook.
- Select Options to open the Options window.
- After that, select the Add-Ins option from the left panel.
Akash is a Digital Marketing Manager @ blogposthut.com with more than 5 years of experience in Online Reputation Management, Guest blogging outreach, Link building etc having wide knowledge of Organic Search Engine Optimization.