Arezzo in Tuscany (Italy), Wiki
The city of Arezzo is located in Tuscany, Italy, and is the capital of the same name province. At an elevation of 296 meters (971 ft), Arezzo is approximately 80 kilometers (50 miles) southeast of Florence. In 2013 the population of Arezzo was about 99,000. There is a cathedral, a town hall, and the Medici Fortress (Fortezza Medicea) in the upper part of the town, from which the main streets branch off towards the lower part until them near the gates.
Each month, more than 300 stallholders from across Italy converge on Arezzo, an Etruscan town in Tuscany, to occupy its narrow and steep historic center streets. In 1968, Ivan Bruschi (returning from London after seeing Porto Bello) created the Arezzo Antiques Fair, the oldest and largest event in Italy. However, because of its uniqueness and antique items, it continues to draw fans and tourists from around the world.
Does the Antiques Fair attract tourists to Arezzo?
Arezzo Antiques Fair is an annual event that is one of Italy’s oldest and largest. As the exhibitions founder Ivan Bruschi notes (returning from London after seeing Porto Bello), the exhibition celebrated 50 years of history (first edition in June 1968). Still, it attracts fans and tourists from around the world looking for unique and antique items. This exciting Antique market arezzo tuscany is a must-see for anyone who appreciates antiques, furnishes their home with design items, or loves vintage.
The week of the antiques fair is colorful and vibrant, and the historic center of Arezzo becomes a sea of people browsing for antiques and discovering rare and unique pieces. There has been an Antiques Market in this art-filled city every month since 1968, with close to 500 exhibitors. In addition, about 100 little shops open year-round offer visitors an additional incentive to visit this culturally abundant town. As opposed to a classic “flea market,” the antiques fair is a top-notch affair, perhaps the biggest one of all antiques markets, where you can buy and sell items such as:
- A Collection of Art Objects
- The Furniture
- Bijoux and Jewelry
- Various Types of Watches
- A Collection of Books and Prints
- Old Toys & Games
- Quality handicrafts
- Vintage items
The Antiques Fair takes place in Upper Arezzo’s Old Town, between Via Guido Monaco and Piazza Della Libertà (the town hall).
Which is the best Arezzo hotel located near the Antiques Market?
Hotel Continentale Arezzo Tuscany
A point of reference for anyone traveling to Arezzo searching for an elegant atmosphere, professional staff, and an elegant setting for their stay, this hotel has been in existence for more than 70 years. A complete renovation has been carried out on both the interior and exterior of the Continentale Hotel. Guests will find wood floors, air conditioning, and minibars in this hotel’s luxurious rooms and suites. At the Continentale, the day begins with an extensive breakfast buffet that features Tuscan cuisine. Then, you can enjoy drinks on the terrace, which is open all day.
Arezzo is a place like no other, a hidden gem where time appears to have stood still. If you’re in Arezzo, you should go to the historic center. Here are masterpieces of art, such as the frescoes by Piero Della Francesca.
Hotel Rooms and Amenities
A business center, meeting rooms, lobby bar, and a beautiful terrace with a great view of the city are just some of the hotel’s facilities. At Hotel Continentale, you can find the following amenities:
- A Bar
- A Non-smoking floor is available.
- 24 hr front desk (with staff available)
- Luggage storage
- Conference hall
- Multilingual staff
- Fax/copying service
- Business center
Arezzo’s best rooftop is at Hotel Continentale.
In addition to being within walking distance of the train station, the hotel occupies a prime location overlooking a pretty square (more of a circle) on the hilltop from where you can see the city’s historic core. You choose to relax on the terrace of Hotel Continentale; it is a real experience that awakens the senses with its most beautiful panorama.
Terraces on the top floor provide friendly service, comfortable rooms, adequate breakfasts, and stylish furnishings more traditional than modern style. The hotel’s best feature is the rooftop terrace, where you can take in a breathtaking and panoramic view of the city.
Location of the Hotel Continentale Arezzo
In the center of Tuscany, in Italy, located in a strategic position, is the Hotel Continentale Arezzo. A 3-minute walk from Arezzo train station, this laid-back hotel is at walking distance of the lively Piazza Grande and the medieval Cattedrale dei Santi Pietro e Donato.
Why we choose Arezzo in Tuscany (Italy) as a travel destination?
Arezzo in Tuscany (Italy) is a popular destination for many reasons, ranging from religious to family visits. Therefore, visiting this town is very worthwhile, and it makes for a great location to stay if you are traveling to Tuscany. Below we list the reasons:
- Tranquility: The secret of Arezzo, a beautiful town, is a hidden gem despite being a popular tourist destination. Small and not overcrowded, it provides visitors with a chance to unwind, slow down and take a bite of time out for themselves.
- Interesting history: An ancient city, Arezzo, has a rich history. Among the twelve most important Etruscan towns, it is believed to be one of the largest. It has been conquered by the Romans, ruled by Florence, and invaded by Napoleon Bonaparte throughout history. Aside from that, Arezzo was also the birthplace of several important and famous artists, including Guido Monaco, inventor of the musical notes system.
- Architecture: Taking a stroll through the old center of Arezzo is like stepping back in time because the town has been shaped by the centuries and has been influenced by history at every phase.
- Art: The city of Arezzo is a great place for art lovers as it offers endless opportunities for exploration. In the Basilica of San Francesco, the famous fresco circle of “The Legend of the True Cross” by Piero Della Francesca is the best-known artwork.