Hello, to all my linguaphile buddies! No time can be better than this for people like us who have immense love for languages. You remember we have learned this in school; in old times, many of our genius and brilliant minds could not put across their message before the global community because LANGUAGE WAS A LIMITING FACTOR, especially ENGLISH. There were few means to learn such an elite language. Even though our people were knowledgeable, they needed the right medium to propagate their inventions and discoveries worldwide. However, mind you, it was a limitation.
Today, the time has changed. We live in the Digital Age. Access defines this period. We have the Internet that can teach you thousands of courses and languages. And the best part, for FREE!! Okay, those who are learning English as a second language must check this out; learning English made easy with these tools. This will be fruitful even for those who know basic English but need little more assistance and polishing.
Are you asking me why you should put effort into learning English? To improve your chances of earning online.
As a multilingual person myself, I can understand what is bothering you the most. What open sources one can use to learn English? Right? Just an effort to make a google search is needed.
- Start with teaching yourself like a teacher teaches a child. Grab easy child books. Get acquainted with words and phrases.
- The Internet is always at your service. You will get free workbooks online. When you think you know enough words to understand sentences, move on to learn basic grammar.
- You have to divide basic grammar lessons like figures of speech, prepositions, verb forms, tenses, adjectives, adverbs, nouns, punctuations, direct and indirect speech, etc. and allot days to finish the goals.
Free assessment software and tests:
- When you have acquired grammatical knowledge, try to solve comprehension problems online. Make sure to analyze whatever you study so that you can assess your performance. Various online assessment tests are available for free. Take them.
- This gives you an idea of whether to move on to the next lesson or still need to work hard and understand the current topic better.
- You know, while writing and analyzing, some free software would be of great help and surely will add value to your learning experience. Use the above-listed tools. These tools not only point out the mistakes but also give straightforward explanations so that you get it effortlessly. This will help you improve your reading as well as writing skills.
Free library to read:
- Start with reading blogs, short stories online especially meant for beginners who are not proficient but budding learners and readers. Read news articles. Make this a habit.
Doing this much will enable you to write emails; you can help your child with their homework, have day-to-day conversations, and what not! Keep on practicing; secure yourself an internship online.
- One who is enthusiastic about learning English and grasping fast can go to online video hosting platforms and watch TV series or shows in English available for free. Well, audio and video podcasts are also an exciting choice.
It is up to you to productively invest your time.