Last Updated on May 4, 2023 by asifa
Management of type 2 diabetes treatment includes – regular exercises, healthy eating, weight loss, insulin therapy, diabetes medication, blood sugar monitoring, and so much more. Follow the given steps to keep your blood sugar level normal –
Table of Contents
It’s crucial to center your diet around –
- A regular schedule for healthy snacks and meals
- Small portion diet sizes
- Fewer refined grains, sweets, and starchy veggies
- More high-fiber foods such as whole grains, non-starchy veggies, and fruits
- Modest servings of low-fat meats, fish, and low-fat dairy
- Healthy cooking oils such as canola oil and olive oil
- Fewer calories
Go for a dietician who can help you with –
- Planning a well-balanced diet that addresses barriers to changing old habits
- Develop new habits
- Monitor carbohydrates intake to keep blood sugar levels stable
- Identify healthy choices as food preferences
Workout is important for maintaining your weight and also helps in regulating normal blood sugar levels. However, talk to your doctor before changing your workout program, and make sure that the activities you perform are safe for your body.
- Aerobic exercises: Select an aerobic exercise that you adore, such as walking, swimming, running, biking. Adults must go for 30 min of aerobic exercises on most days of the week.
- Resistance Exercises: Such exercises will increase your balance, strength, and ability to perform activities easily. Sports climbing is an example of resistance exercise.
- Limit Inactivity: Break long hours of sitting at the computer, watching television as this helps in controlling blood sugar levels.
Weight loss helps in controlling blood sugar levels, triglycerides, cholesterol, and blood pressure. So if you’re overweight, you must grab the chance of losing weight for better health and disease management.
Monitor Your Blood Sugar Level
Your doctor might advise you to check blood sugar levels frequently. For example, check it twice a day before and after fasting. If you take insulin, you will have to do this numerous times a day. Monitoring blood sugar levels with the help of a glucose monitor, an electronic system that records glucose levels from a sensor placed under your skin. After a few minutes, information transmits to a digital device such as your mobile phone, and then the system sends alerts when the levels are too low and high.
In addition, doctors might suggest other medications, including cholesterol-lowering medications, low-dose aspirin, to prevent blood vessel and heart diseases. Whether it’s type 1 diabetes treatment or type 2 diabetes treatment, all the above options are definitely going to help you out in the best possible manner.
Before you go for a treatment, always ensure that you check the pre-diabetes symptoms before the treatment.