Last Updated on November 7, 2021 by rida
Clean water is a necessity, and hence water purifier plays an important part in our daily life. We all know that in India when tap water leaves a water treatment plant, it has to go through old rustic pipes filled with slimy stuff to finally reach our homes. Having them straight from the tap without purifying should be avoided at all costs. They also contain several impurities and chemicals which is harmful to the body. In order to remove these chemicals, RO filters are to be opted as they are considered one of the best water purifiers in India.
Every appliance must be cleaned at regular intervals to get better results. Even if you own the best washing machine in India or the best mixer grinder in India or maybe that perfect dishwasher, you need to maintain them properly to get the best results. Maintenance is the key. Here are a few guidelines you could follow in cleaning your RO filters at home.
Table of Contents
When should one clean them?
- It depends on how frequently you use your water purifier. Since it’s normally used every time, one has to clean them at the interval of 3-12 months. It should not be extended beyond that.
- If your water starts tasting funny, it indicates that your filter or the membrane has worn out, and it has to be replaced as soon as possible.
What will you need to clean RO water Purifiers?
- Use only soft water as hard water can deposit lime or iron scaling, which in turn is harmful to us.
- Use a diluting agent prescribed for cleaning it. Example: Bleaching agent
How should one clean them?
- Cut the water supply to the storage.
- Empty the water and remove the filter housing. Allow them to stay free for some time.
- Pour the bleaching agent and run the solution throughout the system for about an hour. This is a technique similar to the one you do to clean your mixer grinder. In the case of a mixer grinder, a baking soda solution is added to the jar and rinsed by running them. Even if you have the best mixer grinders in India or the worst, the technique to clean them is the same.
- Clean the chemicals present in the system with soft water, also clean the filter housing with a soap solution, and rinse thoroughly.
- The condition of rings must be checked properly. If worn out, they must be replaced to avoid further damage. If the O rings dry out, they can be used again by lubricating them.
- The pre-filter that filters out dirt, dust as well as the carbon filter that filters out chlorine and other impurities must be checked at regular intervals for replacement.
- Mount the filters back and reattach all connections of the filter.
- Next, open the valve to allow the flow of water in the system until it is filled and then drain them one more time.
Conclusion of water Purifiers
All water purifiers must be cleaned or maintained regularly to get the best results. Just because you own one of the best water purifiers in India cannot guarantee anything. Cleaning and maintaining your water purifier would also increase its lifespan. Because with great power comes great responsibility.