Last Updated on March 11, 2023 by admin
Have you encountered the QuickBooks error 15240 recently?
It might have hampered your complete workflow. QuickBooks errors are annoying when arising in the middle of work. Some of them are very difficult to even get rid of.
Therefore, we have prepared this article that will guide you through the whole troubleshooting process.
Table of Contents
What do You Understand by QuickBooks Error 15240?
Error 15240 is an update error, just like QuickBooks error 15311, that can get you into difficulty and cause more issues if not addressed quickly. This problem usually happens after QuickBooks has been updated. When you are unable to use the manual payroll option, you will know you are experiencing an error.
While dealing with the QuickBooks update error 15240, then you might receive the message:
“Error 15240: The update did not complete successfully or the file you specified cannot be opened.”
“QuickBooks error 15240- HRESULTXXXX the Quickbooks Update did not complete successfully.”
Read More: Top 5 reasons why loyalty programs succeed
How to Identify Error 15240 QuickBooks?
- The system will start to crash.
- The system may also be slow as a result of the issue.
- You may also notice that your computer crashes regularly.
- The QuickBooks payroll program will not allow you to download the most recent version.
What are the Main Triggers of QuickBooks Error 15240?
- The user is using a version of QuickBooks that is no longer supported.
- As an Administrator, you have entered the incorrect login information.
- It may be caused by a broken or corrupted registry file or by Windows itself.
- One of the reasons is that QuickBooks updates have become corrupted.
- It’s possible that the download URL you used to get the software was inaccurate or invalid.
How to Get Rid of QuickBooks Error Code 15240?
After learning the common reasons and symptoms of the QuickBooks update error 15240, we will now jump into the solutions. The methods are verified and tested so that you would get the best results.
Method 1: Download QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool
- First and foremost, download and install the QB Install Diagnostic program.
- To get it, go to Intuit’s official website and then download the tool.
- After you’ve finished downloading, look for the file called QuickBooksDesktopInstallDiagnosticTool.exe.
- After selecting an option, press the Run button.
- Click the Yes button when you see the notice on the License Agreement Page.
- Restart the machine now that the QuickBooks Install Diagnostic tool has been successfully installed.
- Use a Diagnostic Tool to figure out what’s wrong. The utility will begin scanning the system in order to locate the problem.
- It may take some time for the scanning procedure to finish and resolve the issues.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to restart the system after the diagnosis is complete.
- If the error still persists, check your system.
Method 2: Ensure to Set QuickBooks as an Administrator
If the first method does not address the problem, try this one. It’s possible that you didn’t designate the software as an Administrator. Follow the procedures below to alter the setting:
- Double-click the QuickBooks icon.
- Select the Run as Administrator option.
By following these two simple actions, you may quickly alter the setting. Check to see whether the problem still exists. If it does, proceed to the next step.
Method 3: Use Clean Install Tool to Reinstall QuickBooks
- On the screen, tap the Start Menu.
- To uninstall a software, go to the control panel and select Uninstall a programme.
- Then choose the QuickBooks App and press the Uninstall/Changes the App option.
- To remove the application from the system, select Uninstall and then follow the pop-up instructions.
- After completing the preceding steps, go to Intuit’s official website and download the QuickBooks clean install programme, which you should then install on your device.
- On the tool kit’s Terms & Conditions page, select the option I accept.
- After that, select the QuickBooks version and click Continue.
- To reinstall QuickBooks, select OK and Install QuickBooks.
- Please run the QuickBooks software again to determine if the error 15240 still exists.
Method 4: Check the Time and Date
- Go to the system’s Start Button and then to the Open Button.
- Navigate to the Search field and type Control into the search box.
- Then press the OK button.
- Select Control Panel from the drop-down menu.
- Change the date and time by going to the Change Date and Time setting.
- Make the necessary changes to the time and date.
- After that, select the Apply option and then the OK button.
Method 5: Assign Permission to the QuickBooks
- First and foremost, you must close the QuickBooks Desktop application.
- Then try to open the File Manager in Windows.
- Navigate to Program Files and then to the folder.
- Right-click the Intuit folder.
- Select the Change lest option in the Owners section of the Properties menu.
- Under Enter the object name, select the section type.
- Check the names box.
- Select Replace owner on sub containers and objects from the Replace owner on sub containers and objects section and tick the box.
- Click the Apply button and then the OK button.
- The Permission tab will open as a result of the preceding step; under the tab, pick the option Uses, and then Full Control.
- To save your changes, select Apply and then OK.
Along with the fifth solution, we have to the end of the article. We are hopeful that the methods helped you to get rid of the issue. For exam Quickbooks error 15311, However, if you are still getting the same problem, then you should consider taking professional help. Some QuickBooks errors are stubborn and difficult to remove. Therefore, have patience, and connect to the IT professionals.