Netgear Orbi routers are one of the leading WiFi devices in the technical market nowadays. By setting up an Orbi, you get access to a blazing-fast internet connection in every damn corner of your house, including the dead zones.
However, sometimes Orbi routers don’t own up to their true potential. Unable to connect to the internet, dropping connections, and router not connecting to the satellite are some of the issues that users face with their Orbi device.
To make sure that you don’t end up getting entangled in the same web of issues, it is recommended that you perform a Netgear Orbi factory reset. Scroll down and continue reading.
Ways to Reset Your Netgear Orbi WiFi Router
There are two different ways through which you can restore your Netgear Orbi WiFi router to its factory default settings. They are as follows:
- By pushing the Reset button
- By using the web user interface
Note: You are free to use any of the methods to reset your Netgear Orbi device.
By Pressing the Reset Button
The easier way among the two to reset a Netgear Orbi router is by pressing the Reset button. Follow the steps given below to restore your Orbi device with the help of the Reset button:
- Firstly, ensure that the Orbi router and satellite are placed at the right location.
- Then, locate the Reset button on your Orbi device.
- Once found, take an oil pin and carefully press the Reset button.
- Give your device some time to get restored to its factory default settings.
By Using the Web User Interface
Although this method is a little difficult to perform as compared to the first one, if you go through the instructions carefully, you’ll do just fine.
Here are steps to reset your Net gear Orbi router using the web user interface:
- Before you perform a Netgear Orbi factory reset, ensure that your device is receiving a proper power supply from the socket.
- Next, install a web browser on your PC and access the orbilogin com web page.
- You’ll be asked to enter the default login credentials.
- So, once the Netgear Orbi login page appears, enter the login details to proceed further.
- Now, click on Settings > Administration > Reset.
- Once the Confirmation dialogue box appears, click on the Yes button.
And that’s it. As soon as you hit YES, your Orbi device will get restored to its factory default settings.
After resetting your Orbi device, you need to re-install it. Follow the instructions outlined below to set up your Netgear Orbi router.
Steps to Perform Net gear Orbi WiFi Router Setup
- Plug your Orbi router into a socket and power it on.
- Connect the Orbi router to the modem with a cable.
- Then, place the Netgear Orbi satellite near the router and turn it on.
- Wait for your Orbi router and satellite to get synced properly.
- Once they do, access the orbi login page.
Now, follow the on-screen instructions and finish setting up your Net gear Orbi WiFi router.