Last Updated on November 9, 2023 by Hina Rubab
Are you struggling because your Netgear Orbi router isn’t working properly? If the answer is yes, then it is recommended that you perform a Netgear firmware update. The reason being, updating the firmware of your Orbi router will not just enhance the security of your device but also improve its overall performance.
However, there is a possibility that updating your firmware might give you a hard time. After all, there is never a guarantee of how things work out with technical devices. But, fortunately, we have the solution to make you get rid of the Netgear Orbi firmware update failure issues. Keep reading.
Table of Contents
Troubleshooting Netgear Orbi Firmware Update Failure Issue
Follow the steps mentioned below and say good-bye to the Netgear Orbi firmware not updating issue:
1. Power Cycle Your Netgear Orbi
Sometimes, the reason why your Netgear firmwarestops responding out of the blue is because of a temporary glitch. In that case, you are required to restart your WiFi device.
Go through the instructions outlined below to restart your Netgear Orbi router:
- Turn off your firmware and unplug it from the socket.
- Wait for about 2 to 3 minutes.
- Then, plug your Orbi back into the socket and power it on.
- Now, check whether the firmware update failure issue has been fixed or not.
2. Check the Internet Connectivity
Another reason why the firmware of your Netgear Orbi might not be getting updated properly is because of an internet issue. Not only that, but an internet issue can also result in various Orbi Netgear login issues. To prevent that from happening, here are the steps that you need to take:
- Firstly, check the speed of your internet connection. If it is weak, then change the wireless source with the help of which your Netgear router and modem are connected.
- You can make use of an Ethernet cable to connect your WiFi devices. The reason being, an Ethernet cable is considered a more reliable source when it comes to having a good internet connection.
Read more: Instructions to Resolve QuickBooks Error 108
3. Perform Orbi Firmware Update Properly
One of the major reasons why users face the Netgear Orbi firmware update failure issue is because they don’t know how to update the firmware in the first place. To make sure that you don’t go through the Netgear firmware update failure issue due to a silly thing like this, follow the steps mentioned below:
Here’s how to update the firmware of your Netgear Orbi device:
- Firstly, access your Orbi by performing orbilogin.
- As soon as the Netgear firmwarelogin page appears, click on Settings > Administration.
- In case any firmware updates are available, click on the Firmware update and wait for your Netgear firmware router to get updated.
4. Perform a Factory Default Reset
If even updating the firmware of your Orbi device properly isn’t helping you out, then it is recommended that you reset it.
Here are the required steps to restore your WiFi device to its factory default settings:
- Check whether the LED light on your Orbi is solid green or not.
- If it is, then the next step is to locate the Reset button on your device.
- Once located, take an oil pin and press the Reset button carefully.
- Now, wait for the changes to become effective.
We hope that this article was able to help you to get rid of the Netgear Orbi firmware update failure issue. In case you have any doubts or queries, feel free to drop them in the comments section below for immediate assistance.
Apart from that if you want to know about How can you develop software testing skills and succeed? then visit our Technology category.