Is your Netgear Nighthawk X6 router not connecting to the internet? Don’t sweat it! During the Netgear Nighthawk X6 setup, you need to connect your router to your home WiFi. However, most of the Netgear Nighthawk users confront issues while connecting their X6 router to the internet. This tutorial will be your guide on how to fix the Netgear Nighthawk X6 router not connecting to the internet issue. Keep reading!
Why My Netgear Nighthawk X6 Router Won’t Connect to Internet?
There is not a single reason behind the issue. In this post, we have highlighted a few common yet major reasons why your Netgear Nighthawk X6 router not connecting to the internet issue:
- Netgear Nighthawk router showing red LED
- Use of old, damaged, or loose Ethernet cable
- Netgear router not configured properly
- Lost or no internet connectivity
- The router is not placed correctly
- Wrong Netgear router reset
- Outdated Netgear router firmware
- Improper placement of Netgear router
So, these were some common reasons behind Netgear Nighthawk router not connecting to the internet issue. Now, let us take you through the best troubleshooting tips to fix the issue in minutes.
Fix: Netgear Nighthawk Router Not Connecting to Internet
Check the Power and LEDs
- Make sure that your Netgear Nighthawk router is turned on and receiving constant power supply from the wall outlet.
- Also, ensure that there isn’t any hardware damage related to your Netgear router.
- The Netgear router should be kept in the same room as of your modem.
- Check the LED lights on your Netgear Nighthawk router. All the LEDs on your X6 must be stable.
- Make sure to perform Netgear Nighthawk setup in a proper manner.
Select an Optimal Location for Your Netgear Router
Wrong placement of your Netgear Nighthawk router also results in the issue. Let us take you through some important steps you must consider while placing your Netgear router:
- Select a middle location in your house for your Netgear Nighthawk router.
- The Netgear Nighthawk router must be placed at a certain distance away from thick walls, corners, windows, and ceilings.
- Ensure to keep your X6 router away from kitchen appliances, baby monitors, cordless phones, and Bluetooth devices.
- Position your Netgear Nighthawk router in an open and higher location.
Check the Cable Connections X6 Router
Perhaps it might be a loose or improper cable connection that is resulting in Netgear Nighthawk X6 router not connecting to the internet issue. In such a case, you need to go through a couple of Netgear router troubleshooting steps given below:
- Connect your Netgear Nighthawk router to the modem with an Ethernet cable.
- Use only an Ethernet cable that is dust- and cuts-free.
- Make sure that the cable connection you have made between your Netgear Nighthawk router and the modem is accurate and finger-tight.
Power Cycle Your Netgear Nighthawk Router X6 Router
Still your Netgear router won’t connect to the internet? Worry not! Go for the easy method i.e. “power cycle”. Walk through the instructions given below to power cycle or restart your Netgear Nighthawk router:
- Disconnect your Netgear Nighthawk router from the wall outlet.
- Wait for some time and let your router take some rest.
- Connect your Nighthawk X6 router back to its power outlet.
- Turn on your Netgear router and make sure that the power LED on it is solid green.
- Now, have access to the Nighthawk router setup page and see if you can connect to the internet or not.
Wrapping Up X6 Router
That’s all! These were some of the best ways to fix Netgear Nighthawk X6 router not connecting to the internet issue. In the event that you find the troubleshooting fixes providing in the post a daunting task, feel free to contact our knowledgeable experts via comments.