Last Updated on December 31, 2021 by rida
Netgear Nighthawk X4 AC2200 range extender is capable of handling blind spots and providing blazing-fast WiFi everywhere in house. Apart from that, Netgear Nighthawk X4 AC2200 extender receives signals from the router or access point and boosts them up to a suitable level so that they can reach every nook and cranny of the house or workplace.
Table of Contents
How to Set Up Netgear Nighthawk X4 Ac2200 WiFi Extender?
Netgear Nighthawk X4 AC2200 setup process can be done easily by accessing its default login web page. This WiFi range extender can also be installed using WPS method.
This how-to post covers everything that will guide you regarding Netgear Nighthawk extender setup. Let’s take the plunge!
Manual Setup of Netgear Nighthawk X4 WiFi Extender
- First and foremost, ensure that your Netgear range extender is plugged into a working wall outlet properly.
- Then open a web browser like Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Opera Mini, Safari, or Internet Explorer on a device that is connected to your home WiFi network.
- Head over to the browser’s address bar.
- Enter www.mywifiext.net to get redirected to the Netgear Nighthawk setup page.
- Fill in the admin details into the required fields to create an account.
- Netgear Genie smart setup wizard will appear.
- Select a WiFi network for which you wish to set up your Netgear Nighthawk range extender.
- Once done, click on the Next button.
- After that, the displayed page will ask you for the security or network key of your current WiFi network. Type in the security details and click on Next.
- Now, enter the new SSID (username) and password (passphrase or network key) for your extended WiFi network and click on Continue.
That’s all! In this way, you can easily set up your Netgear extender manually. In the event that the manual method seems difficult or unsuccessful to you, then you can use the WPS method for the same. Keep scrolling down!
WPS Setup for Netgear Nighthawk X4 AC2200 Setup
WPS aka WiFi Protected Setup is known as the simplest method for Netgear Nighthawk extender setup It doesn’t require any difficult installation steps or any login details.
The process only requires your Netgear WiFi range extender and a WPS-capable WiFi router.
Note: If your router or other devices in your home doesn’t support the WPS feature, then you can’t perform this process.
Given below are the steps to set up your Netgear Nighthawk AC2200 X4 WiFi range extender using WPS method:
- Plug your Netgear extender into a working and damaged-free electrical outlet.
- Locate the WPS button on your Netgear X4 extender.
- Once found, push the WPS button gently.
- Let the LED lights on the Netgeas Nighthawk extender start blinking.
- Wait for a couple of minutes.
- Push the WPS button on your main router.
That’s it! Your Nighthawk X4 AC2200 WiFi range extender has been set up using the WPS method. Now, you can connect any of your WiFi-enabled devices to your new extended WiFi network and enjoy the uninterrupted speed of the internet everywhere in your house.
For best WiFi performance, we suggest you place your Netgear Nighthawk extender and router in reach of each other and at the center location of your house.
So, which method was easy, WPS or manual? Do let us know through the comments section. And if you need more assistance regarding Netgear WiFi router setup as well, feel free to contact our experts anytime.