Last Updated on February 24, 2023 by Aftab Mughal
White shoes are the pearls in your sneaker collection, which is also why you are hesitant to wear them out. What if the white shoes get dirty? White sneakers for men are some of the most versatile pieces of footwear for any outfit, which makes them the ideal sneaker choice for constant use. White shoes tend to quickly get stained and dull with every wear. This is why the care, maintenance, and cleaning of white shoes must be dialed in when you get the white sneakers.
Well. what if we told you that cleaning white shoes are pretty straightforward and will only take a little bit of time and effort from you? In this article, we bring some of the easiest and most innovative ways to clean your white shoes so that they look bright and fresh like before.
What are the cleaning tools you need?
Before we look at the way to clean white shoes, here is a list of the cleaning tools you would need to clean your white shoes.
- Baking soda
- Damp clothes
How To Clean Your White Shoes
1. Using soap and water solution
One of the most widely used cleaning methods for white shoes is mixing soap and water solution and applying them to the shoe with the help of a toothbrush or a bristled brush.
- Apply two teaspoons of soap to warm water and stir the soap solution to get a soapy solution.
- Dip a toothbrush and start brushing the shoe to remove the hard stains on the shoe.
- Repeat the cleaning process with the brush until all stains are removed completely.
2. Using baking soda solution
- To prepare the solution, mix baking soda and some detergent to create a solution that is dry in texture.
- Apply the powder to the shoe and keep them for some time, after which the powder can be removed from the surface of the white shoe.
- Rinse the white shoes with warm water and keep them in the washing machine. Put the wash setting on the lowest so that it does not affect the fabric of the white shoe.
3. Using bleach
- Mix one part of bleach powder with water in a small container. Ensure that you are in a well-ventilated area and that you wear gloves while working with bleach.
- Do not mix a large amount of bleach, as that can cause the white shoes to form a yellow shade.
- Use a toothbrush and loosen the hard stains on the white shoe. Dip the brush properly in the solution and scrub the shoes in a circular motion. Apply pressure on the fabric and focus on the stained portions of the shoe. Start with the materials and move to the soles of the shoe for the best results.
- After brushing off the stains, ensure that you remove the bleach solution from the fabric of the white shoe by rubbing it with a damp towel or wet wipes. Apply pressure on the shoe and wipe them out thoroughly to remove all the bleach from the shoe.
- An easy hack that can be done by everyone, toothpaste helps to remove stains and keep the shoe fresh and bright.
- Squeeze some toothpaste on a brush and rub the sides of the white shoe.
- Put extra effort and time into the heavily soiled areas and leave the shoe to dry for about twenty to thirty minutes, after which they can be wiped off using wipes.
- Do not use coloured toothpaste, and they can add stains to the white shoe.
- Toothpaste has brightening chemicals that help to brighten the shoe and remove unwanted dirt from the surface of the shoe.
5. Hydrogen peroxide
- Hydrogen peroxide brightens the surface of the white shoe while at the same time disinfecting and cleaning the shoe.
- Combine hydrogen peroxide with two parts of baking soda to make a paste.
- Add water to the solution to make it workable on the white shoe.
- Apply this paste to the upper and the soles of the shoe.
- Leave the shoe to dry for around 30 minutes.
6. Micellar water
- Traditionally used to remove make-up, micellar water can also be used to clean the stains of white shoes.
- Pour micellar water on a clean cloth and rub them gently in a circular motion on the shoe until all stains are removed.
- Micellar water can be used on all fabrics and surfaces but cannot be used to deep clean stains like oil or food stains.
7. Magic eraser
- A magic eraser or melamine foam is a substance that has a foam-like texture to its surface.
- A magic eraser can be used on multiple surfaces and is incredibly versatile.
- All you need to do is add some water to the foam and rub the shoe to remove all stains.
- The foam has a texture that removes all dirt and grime from the surface.
- Ensure that you mix the melamine with water so that they do not damage the surface of the white shoe.
Why Cleaning Your White Shoes is Hard: A Guide to Understanding the Challenges
White shoes are a classic wardrobe staple that can make any outfit look crisp and clean. However, keeping them looking their best can be a challenge. Here are some reasons why cleaning your white shoes can be difficult.
- Stains: White shoes are particularly vulnerable to stains. Even a small spill can leave a visible mark that is difficult to remove. Grass stains, food stains, and oil stains are particularly problematic.
- Material: White shoes are often made from materials that are not easy to clean. Leather, suede, and canvas are all popular materials for white shoes, but they require different cleaning methods.
- Dirt and Grime: White shoes can quickly accumulate dirt and grime, especially if they are worn frequently. This dirt can be difficult to remove, particularly if it has been ground into the fabric or leather.
- Aging: As white shoes age, they may become discolored or yellowed. This discoloration can be caused by exposure to sunlight or other environmental factors, and can be difficult to reverse.
Ensure that the white shoe is adequately air-dried before you wear them to prevent fungal growth inside the shoe. Keep all these tips in mind the next time you head out to your nearest shop to buy best white shoes. The hacks are easy ways to keep your white shoes shining everywhere you go.
Apart from that if you want to know about Athletics Shoes then please visit our Fashion page