A salat is a special Arabic phrase, in which Muhammad, the prophet of Islam, is saluted. It is usually used during Muslim prayers (Tashahhud) and also when Muhammad is mentioned.
The word salat is pluralized to say salat (Arabic: salat) and derived from the triliteral root *-lu (*a lu), which means “prayer” or “salutation”.
It is believed that the meaning of the Arabic word salawat will vary according to the context in which it is used and with which purpose.
Table of Contents
Islam writes, “Sholawat refers to sending prayer for the well-being and salvation of believers.”
- It was reported that Muhammad said: “The meanest person is one who does not invoke Salawat upon me throughout the course of the conversation.”
Allah’s blessings be upon him and his household. World peace to them all.
- The report of Muhammad’s speech has been transmitted from al-Hasan bin Ali that Muhammad said: “For an almighty reward invoke Salawat upon me. Beg for my high status and intercessions that my Intercession will look favorably upon you.
- According to Jafar al-Sadiq, Muhammad had narrated to him. All supplications to Allah will remain in a veil until Muhammad and his household are served a Salawat.
- According to another tradition, Ja’far al-Sadiq is quoted as saying: “Those who send Salawat to the Prophet PBH and his family do so because they are keeping the promise they gave when Allah asked them: “Am I not your master?”.”. I replied ‘Yes you are.”.”
The following Salawat were recommended by Muhammad,according to several sources:
ʾAllāhumma ṣalli ʿalā Muḥammadin wa ʿalā ʾāli Muḥammadin kamā ṣallayta ʿalā ʾIbrāhīma wa ʿalā ʾāli ʾIbrāhīma ʾinnaka Ḥamīdun Majīdun ʾAllāhumma bārik ʿalā Muḥammadin wa ʿalā ʾāli Muḥammadin kamā bārakta ʿalā ʾIbrāhīma wa ʿalā ʾāli ʾIbrāhīma ʾinnaka Ḥamīdun Majīdun
ٱللَّٰهُمَّ صَلِّ عَلَىٰ مُحَمَّدٍ وَعَلَىٰ آلِ مُحَمَّدٍ كَمَا صَلَّيْتَ عَلَىٰ إِبْرَاهِيمَ وَعَلَىٰ آلِ إِبْرَاهِيمَ إِنَّكَ حَمِيدٌ مَجِيدٌ ٱللَّٰهُمَّ بَارِكْ عَلَىٰ مُحَمَّدٍ وَعَلَىٰ آلِ مُحَمَّدٍ كَمَا بَارَكْتَ عَلَىٰ إِبْرَاهِيمَ وَعَلَىٰ آلِ إِبْرَاهِيمَ إِنَّكَ حَمِيدٌ مَجِيدٌ
|We ask Allah to sanctify Muhammad and his family, as you sanctified Ibrahim and his family. Truly, You are PrIt is true that you are praiseworthy and glorious.ammad and Thank you for blessing Muhammad, as you had blessed Ibrahim, his family, and his descenYou are praised and magnified|
Muhammad was also reported to have said: “Do not invoke incomplete salawat upon me”. His “What is incomplete salawat?” the Sahabah asked him. His reply was: “When you say, O Allah, send blessing to Muhammad, and then stop. Say; Allah, bless Muhammad and his family. ” O Allah! Send blessing to Muhammad and his family.”Your blessing to Muhammad and the progeny of Muhammad.”
The benefits of reciting Salawat Terbaru
- Those who send 10 Salawat upon Muhammad and his household will be rewarded with 1,000 Salawat, and those who send 1,000 Salawat upon Muhammad and his household will not be affected by the fire of hell
- By sending Salawat upon Muhammad and his progeny, we open the way to his intercession on the Day of Judgment
- Sending Salawat to Muhammad and his descendants compensated them for their sins
- Salawat is the most weighty act in the hierarchy of acts.
- Allah’s affection for Muhammad and his household was gained because of the salawat upon them
- Muhammad and his household are purified with salat
- The Salawat upon Muhammad and his household will provide illumination for their graves, as well as a bridge to Paradise.
- Salawat brightens and opens the heart.
- A salawat was one of the best acts on Friday
- By reciting Salawat aloud, hypocrisy is eliminated
- You are released from a person’s hellish fetters when you send Salawat to Muhammad and his households
- Salawat recitation continuously fulfils one’s worldly and heavenly wishes (supplication)