Many, reading “One-Story America”, dream of repeating Ilf and Petrov’s route one day: across the entire continent from the Atlantic to the Pacific Ocean and back, through New York, Los Angeles, San Francisco, and New Orleans. In America, road trips (travel by road) are very popular. This is facilitated by a developed tourist infrastructure, vast areas of parks and attractions, cars for every taste and need. We will tell you what documents are needed for this and what else to pay attention to.
Table of Contents
The set of documents for renting a car are discussed below – here they are:
Documents for receiving
- The driver must be at least 25 years old (and in some cases over 30), otherwise:
- You will pay an additional “young driver’s fee”, an underage fee, which is charged daily, in addition to the rental amount. The amount depends on the company, usually from 5 to 25 USD / day they simply won’t hand over the car to you – in some companies, there are age restrictions.
- These points should be clarified when booking a car: usually, the “Age” item is filled in along with the “Place and date of pick-up/drop-off.”
To get a car, you must present:
- According to numerous reviews of travelers, an international driver’s license is not required, but if you feel safer with them, then it is better to do it. They are issued for three years. But you can get driving permit for USA In 2 Hours.
- A printed voucher is sent to the post office when booking.
- Foreign passport with a valid visa.
- Bankcard Visa / Mastercard, with which the security deposit will be blocked.
Usually, the websites of the distributors indicate that a credit card is required
The conditions and amounts of insurances and limits of reimbursements can vary greatly not only depending on the brand, but also from state to state. It is always necessary to clarify whether the insurance is included in the indicated amount of the reservation
- CDW – Collision Damage Waiver with a deductible – the renter’s refusal from the claim against the client for compensation for damage caused to the rented car in an accident with another vehicle
- LDW – Loss Damage Waiver – any damage that includes CDW, fire, etc. This is rather the refusal of the distributor to demand compensation from you for the damage to the rental car.
- Liability Insurance Supplement (LIS) is an analog of OSAGO, an increase in compensation for damage caused by an accident to a third party. It is 1,000,000 USD, and in California and Florida up to 2,000,000 USD.
- PAI – Personal Accident Insurance – insurance of the driver and passengers against accidents.
In general, the rules of the road in other countries and the United States are similar. If you have an International Driving Permit, you must know about the basic traffic rules and the main thing in the USA is that traffic is also right-hand. But there are basic points that must be considered in mind. Speed is not measured in kilometers, but in miles, 1 mile = 1.6 km.