Merchant Services form the fundamental process for any payment transaction between customers and a business. The transaction enables real-time and safe transfer of money seamlessly to a business account from a customer’s account. One of the biggest disadvantages is the high-risk merchants as they have to bear higher processing rates and fees. Moreover, banks may ask for a reserve deposit. Running a high-risk business is not simple, and there are many limitations to face.
Table of Contents
What should a high-risk merchant services account look for?
There are high-risk credit card processors in many numbers in the market. You have to spend some time researching and choosing your payment partner to offer high-risk market services. Before settling for a payment partner, here are a few things you should consider:
Security indicators– merchant services
As you are a high-risk merchant, look for a payment partner adhering to strict security. The merchant services should provide you anti-fraud tools to keep your business safe from fraudsters. Ascertain, they give you a multilayered security approach and a chargeback prevention system.
Appropriate website– merchant services
The processor’s site, which offers online merchant services, should have updated information. Check their website layout. If you find the website backdated, it is an alert sign to reconsider your decision and look for another.
There should be someone to assist you if anything bad happens in-app or on your website. Ascertain your provider approves credit card payment assuring your high-risk business, a guarantee of addressing all the issues.
Research and find about the payment company and the merchant services providers’ background. Their knowledge and expertise of the ins and outs position in their niche industries reveal them as market leaders. It ascertains you the payment platform are reliable and safe. The dedicated payment processors keep supported countries for payment procession on their website to help you.
A high-risk processor permits implementing various payment scenarios. It helps to tailor the business needs as you run a business complex model. You can customize the payment elements and also ensure to have tailored features to your business.
Acquiring high risk merchant services implies its terms may be stricter than other standard merchant services. Thus, before signing, you must read the contract thoroughly. Also, check for extra or hidden fees, rates, and about the rolling reserve.
The high-risk merchant accounts
The businesses that are high-risk merchant accounts are the businesses dealing adult products, annual memberships, business opportunities, bail bonds, debt service, electronics sold online, online auctions, telemarketing, home-based, firearm dealers, debt service, online dating sites, multi-level marketing, travel services, online auctions, telemarketing, timeshare advertising, horoscope telling, telecommunications, telephone or mail order, and software downloads.
These businesses may gain revenue, but they face problems due to high-risk merchant account’s non-availability. Businesses with any of these features make a high-risk merchant business:
- The business guarantor has a bad credit history.
- The business is on the blacklist as per credit card companies’ lists.
- Memberships with recurring automated billing.
- Services or products that are deemed as business sales but prohibited by few banks.
- The firm sells expensive items such as custom auto parts or furniture, etc
- The company sells deliverable products in the future, like event tickets, a hotel reservations, etc.
- Membership with recurring automated billing
- Industries with high chargebacks
- Businesses are enjoying increased sales without any established finances to promote the chargeback liability.
If you want a provider of small business merchant services, you may contact through email or call to discuss setting your business a merchant account. While considering business payment processing prices, look for:
- Monthly installment rates ranging per month from $5 to $60.
- Authorization fees should range from $0.15 to $0.25.
- Discount rates range from 1.95% to 4.95%
Also, ensure the online merchant services offer free application processing, variable lengths of contract, including month to month. Consider direct financing with deposits. As a small business merchant, you can enjoy benefits such that the recurring bill and electronic commerce are through an online portal. The other benefits received as merchant services are:
- Competitive rates
- eCheck processing
- accepts MasterCard, Visa, American Express at the store
- Compatibility with shopping cards and major gateways
- Chargeback prevention advice and tools
- Accepting multiple deposits and currencies
- Gateway features prevention tools and fraud detection
- The assistance of integration with over 100 shopping carts
The merchant services provider for small businesses helps existing and startups, merchants with bad credit, previously rejected, minimum processing in national accounts as $5000 and the international accounts $50,000.