Last Updated on July 31, 2021 by husnain
If you have a full figure and wish to flaunt your curves at every occasion, the latest collection of plus size dresses has just the right items for you. You can shop for plus size prom dresses, plus size cocktail dresses, plus size wedding dresses and plus size homecoming dresses featuring gorgeous designs and a variety of styled necklines on high-quality fabrics, offered by the designer brands at great prices.
Here are some useful tips that can help you while buying plus size evening dresses:
Table of Contents
1. Know your body size
Every woman is blessed with a beautifully unique figure. When you have a plus size figure, it can be broadly categorized into 4 types- pear shaped, apple-shaped, banana shaped and hourglass shaped.
- Apple-shaped body– Try to get the attention towards your waistline while defining the full upper body portion distinctly at the same time by wearing A-line or sheath dresses with empire waist that would cinch to the body.
- Pear-shaped body– For women who have a fuller lower body, the fit and flare style is perfect. It will balance the figure, highlighting the curvy hips and waist. Not only that, but plus size mermaid dresses can also create an hourglass illusion.
- Hourglass– Celebrate your flawless curves in the best way with A-line, sheath, mermaid and ball gown plus size dresses. Highly regarded as the ideal body type, it gives you a broader space to experiment with various styles.
- Banana-shaped body– Here, you have to go a mile extra to accentuate the curves. Usually something waist-cinching will maintain a balance in the upper and lower halves. However, you can also buy straight-fit dresses and accessorize with a belt.
2. Stick to Your Comfort Length
Time and again we’ve heard that fashion is not all about trends, it’s also about comfort. Keeping that in mind, it can be said that your comfort level depends a lot on the length of the dress. You can choose from both plus size short dresses and maxi dresses. Pro tip- knee-length plu-s size dresses with a flaring silhouette can give you all the confidence you need.
3. What Fabric to Choose?
It is quite easy to get lost in a sea of fabrics offered by the online boutiques. Choose something that would not crease easily or shrink after washing. The ideal options are variations of polyester and silk such as chiffon, satin, Mikado and velvet. Apart from giving you the royal feeling, these fabrics are extremely comfortable and long-lasting.
4. Pick the Right Colour
Believe us, plus size dresses do create an amazing impression with darker shades of colour. However, if you are confused, go traditional; go black! It will compliment any type of skin tone and give you a classy look. If you feel like going for prints or embroidered work, it can also help to take the attention away from the downsides of your figure.
Here are some of the colourful plu-s size long dresses that will renovate your wardrobe this season: