Last Updated on November 23, 2023 by Nadeem Ahmed
Image Credits: Unsplash
If you are someone who has gotten into a great college and is pumped to start your new stage of life, you should know that an ocean of possibilities awaits you. Most of the students who start college are interested in all the extracurriculars that they see for the first time. When you are in school, the sports periods are all about track practice and volleyball. But in college, sports take on a more competitive form and there are also a lot of different opportunities to pursue. You can take up gymnastics, or you can go for beach ball. These are some lesser-known sports that are getting recognition these days.
In college, you will also come across some lesser-known teams who will inspire you. These are smaller clubs that have not become too commercialized. Many of the interested students can even join these clubs and take up a career in sports professionally. In this article, we will discuss all about the different pursuits of sports that you will come across in college. We will define what are the ‘lesser-known sports and teams’ and we will give you tips to discover which sport you want to pursue. And in the end, we will give some names of brands that offer college apparel for different kinds of sports.
Table of Contents
What is Meant by ‘Lesser-Known Sports and Teams’?
Whenever we talk about sports, the first names that come to mind would be football, soccer, basketball, etc. The teams that have garnered international fame due to their dominance in the National Football League or NFL. On the other hand, some MLB (Major League Basketball) teams that are also well-known in the field of basketball.
But what about the other sports like ice hockey and gymnastics which are not that popular internationally? These are the lesser-known sports pursuits that you can follow. The teams which are participating in these games at a professional level are the ones that can be called ‘lesser-known teams’.
Tips to Choose Your Unconventional Sports Career in College
If you are someone who is unafraid to explore, then you should not hold yourself back in college. It is true that you will find most of your peers going for the more popular kinds of sports but you should select the ones you know you will excel at. Here are some tips to help you pick the perfect sport for you:
- Compatibility: Always go for the sport that you are compatible with. The life of an athlete is not an easy one, and you have to consider several factors such as specialized diets and expert trainers. You need to recognize which sport you have an affinity for. If you are graceful and lithe, gymnastics would be a good choice for you. Similarly, if you are into racing cars, you can go that way too.
- Representation: It is very important to select a sport with proper representation. You should not venture into a field where you cannot find any person who is the same as you. This can lead to several problems like feeling of being left out. So, consider what your batch mates are looking for.
- Future Options: As you will be picking your sports option as a college extracurricular, it might be possible that you head into a field without considering its future potentials. We would advise you to refrain from doing that. You should research properly before entering your choice of sports field.
Image Credits: Unsplash
Some Recommended Brands that Offer Sports Clothes for a Variety of Lesser-Known Sports
Once you are certain about the field of sports you want to go for, you must look into collegiate sports apparel that are customized to fit your choice. Here are some recommended brands for you to check out:
- Prep Sportswear: This brand offers a host of different types of sports clothes such as jerseys, etc. Their fame has gone up over the last few years because of their dedication to the customers.
- Fila: Fila is a known name whenever sports fashion is considered. You can check out their vast collection of garments fitted for all sorts of sports. Their loyal customer base has time and again selected their products because of their high quality and durability.
- Reebok: Reebok is a brand that has been around for a long, long time. Their collections reflect the golden eras of sports fashion. Their website also boasts amazing reviews that you can check out easily.
As you are now aware of the different sports forms that you can pursue other than the famous ones, we wish you all the best for your journey. Make sure to remember the tips we have mentioned while choosing the sport that you feel must be right for you. When you are sure of your pursuit, go ahead and get some great outfits for your practice sessions from the brands we have mentioned!