NID, which stands for National Institute of Design, is an aptitude test conducted for admission in UG and PG design courses offered at the NID campuses. A candidate needs to clear three NID admission tests to be eligible for admission in BDes (Bachelor of Design) and MDes (Master of Design) offered at these campuses.
NID institutes are very prestigious institutes for designing courses, which is why thousands of candidates appear in this exam to get admission to their dream college. There were only five campuses for admission through the NID entrance test, and then, in the year 2019, two more NID campuses were added to the list.
Table of Contents
Facts about the NID exam that you should know-
- The NID exam is conducted once a year, and the mode of the exam is offline, unlike many other entrance exams that are now conducted online. The mode of Counselling is also offline.
- The exam duration for BDes (Bachelor of Design) is 3 hours and for the MDes (Master of Design) is two and a half hours.
- There are a total of 7 prestigious NID colleges/institutes.
- A candidate must have cleared or appearing in their 10+2 from a recognized board/school to be eligible for this exam for the BDes course. On the other hand, a candidate should have completed their bachelor’s degree from a recognized university to be eligible for this entrance for the MDes course.
- The Cutoff for BDes and MDes changes every year and is released after the prelim exam. One can check the previous year cut off for the desired institute.
- The application fee for general category candidates is 2000 Rs, and the number of seats in the NID 2021 exam is 225.
- You can attempt the NID exam as many times as you want. The only thing that is considered is the age limit.
- Every year, an average of 6,000 candidates appears in this entrance test, and this exam is known as the toughest entrance exam to get into the prestigious designing colleges.
So these are some facts about the NID exam that you should know if you are preparing for it. Next, you will learn how you can prepare for this exam.
How can I prepare for the NID exam?
As this exam is one of the toughest entrance exams, you’ll need to prepare for it very well.
Here are a couple of tips that you can follow-
If you’re going to write this exam for the first time and are serious about it, join an online course/coaching to get proper guidance. Many genuine online study portals provide the best NID courses. I recommend joining Topranker that offers the best online coaching for NID. They provide you with proper lectures and study materials that are very useful from the exam point of view.
Give at least 20 mock tests before the exam. Mock tests help you to know about the level and pattern of the exam. The more mock tests you solve, the better you get prepared. Also, analyze each mock test to know your speed, accuracy, and weak areas.
This is how you can prepare for the NID exam. With the right strategy and study plan, anyone can clear this exam.
NID exam is one of the best entrance exams for admission in the renowned colleges that offer designing courses. There are also many other entrance exams conducted every year for admission in top designing colleges, and you can also go for them if you are preparing for the NID exam.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Following are some of the frequently asked questions related to the NID entrance test-
How many exams are there in NID?
NID exam consists of 3 stages. The first one is a written exam (pre and mains), the second one is a Studio test, and the third one is a Personal Interview. A candidate needs to qualify in all these three stages to be selected.
Which is bette NIFT or NID?
NID has always been better than NIFT because it is the toughest exam for designing courses and the NID institutes are among the most renowned institutes.
What is the salary of a NID graduate?
Candidates who graduate from a NID get an average package of 22 lakhs per year. The highest package that goes is 50 laks rupees, and the minimum package is 7 lakh rupees.
What are some of the famous NID campuses?
NID Ahmedabad, NID Gujrat, NID Bangalore, NID Kurukeshtra, and NID Vijayawada are famous NID campuses.