Introduction to Typical Gamer
The Typical Gamer YouTube channel was started by a Canadian man. He is known as Corey or Corey E. His net worth is estimated as 4.1 million dollars as of September 2021. He got his start on YouTube in late 2011. He quickly became popular with the gaming community due to his excellent sense of humor and ability. His videos include Halo 3 ODST, Call Of Duty: Ghosts multiplayer, Grand Theft Auto V, Angry Birds Star Wars 2, and more.
He is currently in a relationship with Alissa Violet, who frequents his videos doing comedy bits. They don’t have any children, but Corey has stated he wants at least 2 or 3 kids when they do. Corey was born on August 8th, 1993, making him 24 years old as of this writing. He spent most of his life in Ontario before moving out west recently for better work opportunities, though remaining close to home.
All you need to know about the Typical Gamer’s net worth and his life
Cory has had the YouTube channel since 2011, but that wasn’t his first attempt at making videos. He tried doing it back in 2007 under an alternate name. In this article, we will talk about his life and net worth in a few steps;
Read More: Celebrity Sport Star Couples
- He makes $9500+ per month on Patreon, and that his merchandising is pretty cool. Corey makes over $9500 per month just from people subscribing to him on Patreon alone. He even has his own merchandising if you visit his official website.
- He started back in 2011 with an attempted YouTube channel under another name before changing it to The Typical. His first video was uploaded in December 2011, and he became very popular in the gaming community.
- He started with Halo 3 ODST and Call Of Duty Ghosts and has played hundreds of different games since then.
- He went by The Typical Gamer for about 2 years until changing to Corey Elam (his real name) in September 2013. His original website was typicalgamer.com. But he switched it up to just “typical gamer” due to many people asking why there was no “.com” at the end on YouTube. In 2014, he created an official website.
- Besides his YouTube videos, Corey has appeared on many different media outlets recently. He was featured in the latest Smosh video.
- Typical Gamer is extremely successful, with his estimated net worth of about $7.81 million. If you were to watch one video every day by the typical gamer, it would take you around a month to watch all of his videos.
- It’s been reported that every hour he makes around $23,000 from ad revenue on YouTube alone. That is a staggering number, and it does not even include the money he makes from Patreon, merchandising, sponsorship deals, crowdfunding or other social media channels.
- The typical gamer is an American YouTuber who has been known to play games from many different genres. He started out playing mainly Call of Duty and Halo, but he branched out into many other types of games as time went on.
- Currently, Typical Gamer makes a lot of his money from YouTube videos. Anyway, there are a ton of ways that Typical Gamer gets paid for playing video games online. In one month of streaming, Typical Gamer makes around 10 MILLION DOLLARS. That is absolutely insane. Few people in the world make this kind of money doing what they do.
- And that is only one way the typical gamer makes money online. There are many more, and we will list them below for you to look at if you feel like learning more about his work.
Read more: All you need to know about die-cut stickers
Some interesting facts of Corey’s life
Typical Gamer’s parents are divorced, and he currently lives with his mom in Ontario, Canada. His sister Andrea is married to Jason, who is his uncle.
- He went to high school at St. Thomas Aquinas Catholic Secondary School, where he was a member of the Drama Club for 3 years. After graduating, he decided not to go on to college straight away and instead entered the world of work first.
- Typical Gamer started gaming when he was around 9 or 10 years old, playing Halo 2 on Xbox Live with his friends online.
- When asked what advice he would give young people to get into the gaming industry. Corey says you should probably start by making small videos and not jumping in at the deep end.
- Typical Gamer has played GTA 5 with Snoop Dogg and recently went to E3, or at least tries to every year.
- Corey does not want anyone else using his real name. Because it’s just too common of a name for notoriety online. He wants people to know him by his YouTube channel name, The Typical Gamer.
- Typical Gamer has done multiple videos with YouTube celebs such as Pewdiepie and Smosh. In fact, he was featured in Smosh’s latest movie called “Smosh: The Movie.” He is seen when Ian opens up his laptop and finds out that his favourite YouTuber, TypicalGamer4, has turned evil.
- Typical Gamer is often seen wearing a red and black Xbox hoodie in almost every one of his videos.
- He goes by Corey Elam online and has been making YouTube videos for nearly half his life.
- He started back in 2008 when he was around 14 years old playing Call Of Duty 4: Modern Warfare on Xbox Live with friends from school. It wasn’t long until Corey found YouTube and started uploading footage of himself playing the game online so people could watch him play live via Xbox’s live streaming service.
- People became so enthusiastic about watching Corey play Call Of Duty that he began making money from YouTube.His parents were great about it and agreed that he could be paid to play games online.
- A typical gamer’s net worth is $1 million. He makes around $2k per day for each of his videos on YouTube. Corey has at least 4 videos per day. He does not share much information about his life or home either, so we can’t find out the address right now. One of his best achievements is finding humour in his condition, accepting it, and making a living from it.