Last Updated on April 30, 2023 by asifa
You’ll want to plan ahead if you want to develop a granny flat. The demand for these unique homes peaked in the last year, and the explanation is clear. Interest rates that are too high and mortgages that are too expensive have prompted people to look for more cost-effective ways to live and invest. However, as with anything lucrative, building a granny flat has become common, which means there is a slew of potential stumbling blocks. The competition is fierce because you’re entering a sector dominated by hungry buyers and greedy builders. After you’ve made the plan to create a flat, the next move is to choose a granny flat builder Bankstown. It’s also crucial that you hire trustworthy Granny Flat Builders to complete the project.
You should be conscious, as with anything else, that not all granny flat firms are the same or build to the same quality. Some firms are only working as task managers and are not approved builders.
So, how do you decide who to pick?
Here Are Five Pointers To Get You Started
- Inquire whether the granny flat company is a licensed builder and if so, obtain their license number. Then, on the Trading Standards website, you can run a free license search.
- Inquire for qualifications and a portfolio of completed tasks. Quire if you should walk through a finished granny flat to inspect the consistency if necessary.
- Verify that the granny flat business is familiar with all of the regulations in NSW legislation that allows for the construction of granny flats using a Complying Development Certificate (CDC).
● Do they realize that the required block width is 12 meters, in addition to the fact that the block should be larger than 450 square meters?
● Do they realize that based on the size of the block, there are three separate boundary offset needs?
● If they don’t understand the answers to these queries they’re probably not seasoned granny flat builders.
- Ascertain that the corporation’s website is both skilled and informative. If they don’t have a skilled website or all the details you require about their business, you should question whether they’ll be qualified when it’s time to construct.
- Check the quotation is actually inclusions. When comparing quotations from various firms, please ensure you compare apples to apples. To make their quotation appear cheaper in comparison to their rivals, some businesses will only quotation the bare essentials and leave out items like vital service connections. When you thoroughly evaluate the lowest deal and collect prices for the “gaps,” you could discover that the company’s final price is higher than the other businesses that had all included from the start. To learn more, check out our comprehensive guide to granny flat rates.
You now have a completely constructed and furnished granny flat. But it isn’t official yet. Builder conducts one final examination to ensure that it meets the stringent safety and workmanship requirements. The builder also checks that all equipment and electrical functions are in good working order.
Your new granny flat is successfully created and ready to use after a thorough cleaning and official handover.