Italian Chef did not get tired to give extra ingredients to their food, it is a reason behind its popularity all over the world. Italian foods are not only tasty, it has an emotion touch. They makes their food with simplicity but the taste is extraordinary. And if you are new to this, than I will tell you to order Focaccia bread as your first Italian dish. One Best Italian Chef could make you the best Focaccia bread. We all should try this Focaccia bread in our snacks, and you could go to the Piccolo Cafe to start your day with the best coffee.
Table of Contents
Origin of Focaccia
Focaccia is an Italian food but is also loved in aboard. It is one of the most recognizable foods in Italy. Focaccia has many variations, but it depends on the productive area. It is generally used as a side food to burgers or sandwiches. The Latin word hearth or focus is the origin of Focaccia. You can all find the difference in its recipe because it depends on what area you are currently in. This bread spread around the world with Italian traders and settlers. Many variations came to this bread, but the new varieties were created in the 21st century.
The word Focaccia has another meaning in Roman words “ panis focacius.”
Nutrients of Focaccia Bread
Focaccia’s every slice has high calories compared to any other slices of bread, it has 142 kcal/cup. Suppose you want to know about the vitamins and other nutrients from 22.50% of Iron, 22.33% of Vitamin B1. There is also Sodium (21.33%), Vitamin B9 ( 19.75%), and 16.55% of Selenium. So if you were concerned about its nutrients, you shouldn’t because there are tons of it.
Now, let us stop here with all origin kind of things, enables how to make it, and some tips about it.
Recipe Tips of Focaccia bread
- Warm water: while working with active dry yeast, you need to dissolve it into the warm water. I will always suggest you use a cooking thermometer to check the temperature of the hot water. You have to use warm water in which heat is around 110 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Honey or sugar: you must use sugar while you are making Focaccia bread. If you don’t eat sugar kind of thing, you could also be able to use honey in it. You will find the same taste.
- Olive oil: Olive oil has a unique role in making Focaccia bread.It has usability in bread dough. You could add extra olive oil when the food is baked, have to drizzle it on top.
- Dry yeast: you just need 2.25 teaspoons of active dry yeast to make Focaccia bread.
- Flour: you can use flour powder for all kinds of purpose, it will perfectly match with the focaccia bread.
- Sea salt: some of the sea salt you have to use in the mixture of actual bread dough. If you don’t mind extra spice, you can sprinkle it on the top of the dough, but it should be done before baking.
- Fresh rosemary: after sea salt, you should add fresh rosemary on the top of the dough. It will give your focaccia a unique flavour. And you can feel its taste with every bite.
- Add garlic: and at least if you are like me who loves garlic, you could mince and mix fresh garlic into the dough. It will give a tasty garlic flavour.
Focaccia bread is one of the most popular and tasty food. You will love it if you add this menu to your snacks.
Read more: The Most famous Iconic Italian Dishes