I think we can all agree that this year has been a year of challenge and change. Many things have been put on hold, weddings, holidays, schooling and more.
This however doesn’t need apply to the list of painting and decorating improvements we want or need doing.
Decorating businesses have definitely been challenged with lockdowns and regulations constantly changing. But we are adaptable and continue to make things work while keeping our customers and employees safe.
Many people have learnt how to restructure their lives so they can now work from home. Having a nice desk and a fresh clean environment to work in, definitely helps with morale and production.
There are simple ways to improve your home whether it be because you are now working from home or you finally have time or money to get your ‘to do’ list done.
Ideas to help 2021 start with a bang:
- First I suggest we say goodbye to Christmas and the year 2020. Put away the Christmas tree and decorations.
- De-klutter the house and get rid of anything that is not needed or used.
- Repurpose old furniture by re varnishing the wood or sanding down and repainting.
- Make a plan, room by room, of how you would like to freshen it up ready for a bright new year. It has been said that you are happier when you are busy and producing towards a goal.
- If you are working from home, set up a space that you can comfortably use and that helps inspire work and concentration.
- Decide if you are going to do your own home improvements or if you are going to call in a professional decorator.
- If you decide to go down the DIY (Do It Yourself) route then write a list of jobs that need doing, materials needed and start. The word organisation is your best friend.
- Shop the sales to buy materials you need. Get paint, paint brushes, wallpaper, rollers and you’ll for certain need dust sheets.
- You may decide instead to call in the professionals to do the work. If so, do your research. There are so many painting and decorating companies these days to choose from.
- I would choose by looking through about to 5 to 10 different websites and look at previous work that the company has done and what their experience is. Some businesses may specialise in commercial, some may specialise in period buildings and some may be small family run businesses. Others could be big companies. used to dealing with hotels or office blocks. Whichever you choose, I am sure you will get good service and a great final product.
After a trying year for everyone worldwide, I think we can all agree that having friends and family safe and well is KEY. But after that, being able to work and having a home to live in is also key. Don’t take your home for granted and look after it. There is nothing wrong in your home being painted every year to freshen it up or totally change the look of it.
Change your white walls to blue or take up the carpet and white wash the floorboards. Whatever you want to do, experts are at the end of a phone call to help you and advise you.
We can all do with a great 2021. With many of us spending more time at home, treat yourself and upgrade your home.
If you are on a budget you can always ask friends and family for help with left over paint and materials or just helping do the work for you. Help is there no matter what!
Here is to a happy 2021.