Netgear EX2700 N300 WiFi range extender is a superb device to amplify the existing wireless range. The extender offers WiFi speeds of up to 300 Mbps. However, like any other networking device, the EX2700 extender is also not immune to technical issues. And the most common issue experienced by users is that the Netgear EX2700 extender not connecting. If you are also facing the same issue, you have reached the right post.
In this post, we will guide you through various troubleshooting tips to get rid of the Netgear N300 EX2700 extender not connecting issue. Let’s get the ball rolling.
Table of Contents
Fix: Netgear EX2700 Extender Won’t Connect to the Internet
1. Check All Cable Connections
During the Netgear EX2700 setup, you need to connect your WiFi range extender to the router using a wired connection. And loose cable connections are the main reason behind the Netgear N300 not connecting to internet issue. So, first of all, cross-check all cable connections once. They should be finger-tight.
Also, don’t forget to check the cables as well. If you find any cable faulty or damaged, replace that right away.
2. Reboot Your Net-gear N300 EX2700 Extender
The next way to get rid of the Netgear EX 2700 won’t connect to internet issue is to reboot your extender. To do so,
- Disconnect all devices connected to your Netgear extender.
- Power off your Netgear N300 EX2700 WiFi range extender and unplug it from the wall socket.
- Wait for some time.
- Now, connect the power adapter of your Netgear range extender to the electrical socket.
- Turn on your extender.
Once done, try connecting your Netgear EX 2700 N300 WiFi extender to the internet and see if the issue is fixed now.
3. Update Your Netgear EX2700 Extender’s Firmware
Still Netgear N300 EX2700 extender not connecting to the internet? In such a case, updating the firmware of your Netgear extender can help you out. To perform Netgear EX-2700 firmware update, all you need to do is:
- Power on your Netgear EX2700 range extender.
- Connect it to the home WiFi router.
- Turn on your computer and open a web browser on it.
- Type www.mywifiext.net in the URL bar and press the Enter key.
- Enter the Netgear EX2700 extender login details and hit Log In.
- After logging in, go to the Firmware Update section.
- In case you find any new firmware version available for your extender, follow the on-screen steps and update your Netgear EX-2700 firmware.
Quick Tip: On the off chance if you are using MAC OS X or another iOS device, use mywifiext.local web address; not mywifiext.net.
4. Reset Your Netgear EX2700 Extender
None of the aforementioned troubleshooting tips worked for you? If so, consider the factory reset as the last resort. Resetting your Netgear EX-2700 N300 WiFi range extender will restore all its settings to the default values. All the customized settings will get deleted. So, perform the Netgear EX-2700 reset with a little caution.
Done! By following the above-mentioned troubleshooting tips, you can easily get rid of the Netgear EX-2700 extender not connecting to internet issue. Which troubleshooting method has fixed the issue for you? Don’t forget to share your feedback with us via the comments section.