Another mosquito season is just around the corner. These pesky fliers are most active at the end of winter and during the spring season continuing throughout summer. Overlook mosquito problem for your property and you will soon realize how big of a mistake it was. These bugs specialize in reproducing so fast that keeping track gets impossible.
If you want to sleep easy during this mosquito season, make sure to not let them infest your home. Treating your property to be mosquito repellant is the best way to go. It is also easier said than done too. Some mosquito subspecies are the hardiest pests going around. Get local Vancouver pest control service providers to survey your property whenever there is a mosquito infection going on.
Threats and Risks of Mosquito Season
Why you need protection this mosquito season exactly? It is important to know exactly what kinds of risks you can be dealing with. Apart from being some of the most annoying stingers, mosquitoes also bring many other unique risks. These include:
- Mosquito bites can keep you awake all night when they are in great numbers
- Mosquito bites leave quite a rash on the skin and an itch that can annoy anyone
- These bugs are perfect natural bacteria and virus carriers of different types
- Mosquitoes are proven to give people malaria and spread the disease
- Mosquitoes are history’s most notorious killers for their ability to infect
- They can multiply very quickly during any mosquito season any year
- Many people are allergic to mosquitoes and can have very bad reactions
Here are some mosquito season protection tips for your property:
Install Nets on Doors and Windows
Start by shutting your home or property to these stealthy fliers. Thing with mosquitoes is that they can fly their way into your home. Install net panels on all doors and windows of the house. Net panels should be so that main door or window can be open with the netting still applied.
This will stop entry points for these pesky biters. Mosquito season protection is all about making sure they don’t find ways into your property. Install nets that will let fresh air during spring and summer in while keeping mosquitoes out at the same time.
Keep Doors and Windows Shut Especially at Dark
During the daylight hours, mosquitoes are not most active. They are however most active on dusk and dawn and also on dark hours of the day or night. Make sure to not let any enter through your doors and windows during dark hours of the day.
Mosquitoes follow light sources. During dark hours, only light sources available to them are light bulbs and artificial lighting inside homes. Keeping your doors and windows shut to not let light sources attract mosquitoes. Some people also install a light source away from doors to attract mosquitoes away.
Eliminate All Standing Water Puddles
Mosquitoes thrive on standing water. This mosquito season, make this a rule at your home or property to not there be any water puddles. Check everywhere around the property for water collection points that might be able to hold small amounts of it.
Remember, only a fist full of water is enough for a female mosquito to lay eggs on. Inspect your ceiling and also go around spaces around the outside walls. Do check in the backyard and near storage area. Remove standing water puddles and fill gaps that might be able to hold water.
Be sure to call your local pest control Burnaby BC service in case you already have mosquito problem going on. Especially, when buying or renting a new property, be sure to get a professional checkup done before you settle in.
Mosquito Repellant Sprays are Mosquito Season Essentials
In many cases, mosquitoes will find ways to enter your property. From there, you will need repellant sprays of solutions that can be applied to the body. There are quite a few options available in the market as well. Look for ones that are light on the skin but perfectly capable of repelling mosquitoes.
Apply repellant spray or liquid on the skin during the mosquito season. Have it on your skin whenever heading out and about to rest when body parts will not be moving. There are some natural oils that do the job of repelling very well as well.
Natural Oils That Do the Job
Some natural oils have been known for centuries to be very affective mosquito repellents. This mosquito season, make use of some to keep these pesky buggers away. Here are some of them that have been proven to work quite effectively:
- Lemon Eucalyptus Oil – In use for many decades, lemon eucalyptus oil keeps mosquitoes away.
- Citronella Oil – Mosquitoes hate the generic smell of citronella oil and hence stay away from it.
- Thyme Oil – Also a proven repellant, thyme oil has positive effects on skin in diluted form too.
- Tea Tree Oil – Apply some tea tree oil on your exposed skin to keep mosquitoes away at night.
- Cinnamon Oil – You might like smell of cinnamon oil, mosquitoes don’t and run away from it.