When you are planning to create a beautiful lawn; many elements have to be considered to show balance in the design. This means that you have to choose a sod grass from Atlanta Sod Company that looks the best and at the same time requires low maintenance.
Table of Contents
Important Establishing Low Maintenance Sod Points
Many individuals have a concept that low maintenance sods are installed easier than other ordinary ones. But this is a misconception and the same time is taken and the procedure is the same as well.
- The ground has to be cleared of all debris so that the fertilizer and other important nutrients can be spread evenly on the soil. Also, the ground must be loosened so that the roots can grip without difficulty.
- It has to be noted that you have to be prepared with the ground before the sod arrives from the Atlanta Sod Company in Georgia. You don’t want the sod to wait and become dry as it will be difficult to lay it down.
- Although water is essential for the sod grass establishment you don’t want to ruin it with rain when it is laid. So if there is a prediction of rain then wait till the season goes away.
- You have to start laying the grass patches or roll from the corners and make your way to the other end. If the corners are uneven or of a different shape then the sod can be laid in the corners in the end.
- Whatever low-maintenance sod you have selected for your lawn from companies like Atlanta Sod Farms; watering them every day is essential. If the weather is drier than usual then water can be applied twice a day.
- Sometimes people don’t take care of the grass and allow others and pets to go on the newly laid grass. This can be dangerous because it can loosen the sod roll and roots don’t grip the ground.
Steps To Choose Right Sod Grass
A few steps in the form of questions can be asked to make the selection of the low maintenance sod perfect. The following are the steps that you can take to know which sod is best for low maintenance.
Which Atlanta Sod Company To Select?
Each sod supplying company has its sod quality and features that are unique. You have to explore these companies and look at the best sod for you.
How Much Watering Is Required?
You will find many low-maintenance grass types that require different watering quantities. But on average 7 to 10 days are enough to wait for the next watering.
Which Climate Is Best For Them?
Low maintenance grasses come in a wide variety and can grow in extreme climates and also moderate weather.
Mowing Time Also Counts
Just like watering the mowing of the lawn also depends on the type of grass you have selected. Each grass species has a different height of mowing.
Foot Traffic Resistance Is Important
Some grasses have a high resistance to foot traffic but their rate of injury repair is slow. But you don’t have to worry as a few kinds of grass have a high speed of repair.
But you don’t have to worry as a few kinds of grass have a high speed of repair.
Read More: When it Comes to Looking for Home Decor Ideas
What Kinds Of Fertilizers And Fungal Control Do You Need?
Every sod grass that you want to order from Atlanta Sod Company is made uniquely; so the need for fertilizer is different. Many kinds of grass need yearly fertilizers, others twice a year and some quarterly.
So these are some of the very important things to know in choosing low maintenance Sod from Atlana Sod Company