Last Updated on December 31, 2021 by rida
Are you successfully done with Linksys RE6500 extender setup? If yes, then you might be getting high speed of internet to enjoy streaming videos and complete your online tasks without any hassle. Hold on! What’s this! Your computers, laptops, smartphones, etc. are showing “no internet access”. Aww snap! But you need not to worry! In this post, we are going to help you fix blinking red LED after Linksys RE6500 setup. Continue reading!
Table of Contents
Right off the bat, check the status of the LED on your Linksys RE6500.
- Blinking Blue: Your Linksys extender is turning on. Wait for the LED to become stable.
- Blinking White: This LED usually appears when your RE6500 is resetting to factory defaults or upgrading the firmware.
- Blinking Amber for 2 minutes: Your extender cannot establish a connection or encounters a problem. Fix: Unplug the extender from its power source, plug it back in, wait 2 seconds, and then reconnect it to your network.
- Solid white: Your Linksys extender is ready to use.
- Red: No internet. Check whether your Re6500 is receiving uninterrupted WiFi signals from your router/ modem.
- Blinking Red: Your extender is out of the range of your WiFi router.
A blinking red LED on your Linksys RE6500 extender might affect your daily online activities. So, it would be better to know the reasons behind blinking red LED on your Linksys RE6500 first and then find the solution accordingly.
Reasons Behind Blinking Red LED with Fixes
Connectivity Issues with Modem or Router
Chances are that your Linksys RE6500 is placed away from the reach of your modem/ router. To fix it, place your devices closer to each other. Also, it is suggested to choose a center location in your home for your Linksys Re6500 and router/ modem for best WiFi performance.
Update the RE6500’s Firmware
If the firmware on your Linksys Re6500 is outdated, then also you might encounter the red LED issue. So, to get that fixed, get access to extender.linksys.com page and check for the available updates. If you see that the update is available for your Re6500 system, get it done by the instructions given on-screen.
Relocate Your Linksys RE6500
Another reason behind blinking red LED might be the location of your Linksys RE6500. To fix this, make sure that your Linksys device is placed away from the reach of the WiFi devices that cause interference. Such devices are Bluetooth speakers, baby monitors, cordless phones, and so on. Also, ensure – not to perform the setup process using a free WiFi.
Power Cycle Your Linksys RE6500
If the issue persists, power cycle your Linksys Re6500 once. To do so, follow the steps given below:
- Unplug your Linksys RE6500.
- Disconnect your Linksys device from your main router/ modem.
- Wait for some time.
- Plug in your Linksys RE6500 again.
That’s it! Check if the red color LED issue has been fixed or not. If not, proceed towards the next troubleshooting tip.
Reset Your Linksys RE6500
To reset RE6500:
- Disconnect your Linksys RE6500 from your modem/ router.
- Once done, press and hold the Reset button on the bottom panel.
- Release the button.
That’s all! Your Linksys Re6500 has been reset successfully. You have to configure it again using the correct configuration steps. Log into your Re6500 via extender.linksys.com, enter the default admin credentials, and follow the complete on-screen instructions to perform Linksys extender setup.
The Final Words
In this way, you can resolve blinking red color LED on your Linksys RE6500. In the event that you are facing the same issue, do not hesitate to drop your queries into the comments section.