Light truck or light-obligation truck is a US arrangement for trucks or truck-based vehicles with a Heavy duty trucks and tractor units in Truck1’s inventory gross vehicle weight as much as 8,500 pounds (3,860 kg) and a payload limit as much as 4,000 pounds (1,815 kg). Comparable merchandise vehicle classes in the European Union, Canada, Australia, and New Zealand are named light business vehicles and are restricted to a gross vehicle weight of up to 3,500 kg (7,720 pounds).
The United States government utilizes light truck as a vehicle class in directing mileage through the Corporate Average Fuel Economy (CAFE) standard.
The class incorporates vans, minivans, sport utility vehicles, and pickup trucks. Light trucks have settle for what is most convenient option than vehicles, under the reason that these vehicles are utilized for utilitarian purposes as opposed to individual transportation
The U.S. government utilizes light-obligation shipping as a vehicle class for the guideline of efficiency by implementing the Corporate Average Fuel Economy (CAFE) principles. The light-obligation truck class incorporates pickup trucks, sport utility vehicles (SUVs), vans, and minivans.
A few Popular Light Duty Trucks Available on the Market
- Portage Ranger
- GMC Canyon
- Nissan Frontier
These light-obligation vehicles all have an assortment of one of a kind highlights that settle on them mainstream decisions for vehicle purchasers.
The 2019 Ford Ranger returned after a long nonattendance from the vehicle scene. This light-obligation truck highlights:
- An EcoBoost 270 drive 2.3-liter motor
- Ten-speed programmed transmission that produces 310 pound-feet of force
- As much as 7500 pounds of gas towing limit
- 1860 pounds of most extreme payload
- EPA-evaluated efficiency rating of 21 miles for every gallon in city avenues and 26 mpg on open thruways
The Ford Ranger likewise includes three trim levels, four-wheel drive and two-wheel drive drivetrain determinations, and SuperCrew and SuperCab arrangements.
The GMC Canyon comes in six distinct trims with three sorts of designs and highlights including:
- Three motor decisions
- The standard 2.5-liter inline-four
- A 3.6-liter V-6
- The turbo diesel 2.8-liter
- EPA mileage rating of 20 mpg in the city
- Turbo diesel 2.8-liter has an EPA mileage rating of 30 mpg on parkways
- As much as 7700 pounds towing limit
Included innovation and more happy with driving highlights than past models settle on the GMC Canyon a mainstream decision for light-obligation pickups.
The Nissan Frontier is another exceptionally appraised light-obligation pickup truck. The truck has two motor setups to browse (the DOHC 261 pull 4.0-liter V-6 and the 2.5-liter inline-four) with extra highlights including:
- Up to 281 lb-ft of force with the V-6 and 171 lb-ft of force with the inline-four
- Five-speed manual transmission, six-speed manual transmission, and five-speed programmed transmission arrangements
- Five trim levels: S, SV, Pro-4X, Desert Runner, and SL
- As much as 6640 pounds tow limit
- EPA efficiency rating of 19 mpg in urban areas and 22 mpg on roadways
With lord taxi and team taxi arrangements, the Frontier is worked for transport and pulling.