Last Updated on August 4, 2022 by Umer Mukhtar
Language: A word which itself is a statement. The primary way to communicate with anyone in any part of the world is through language. We keep on learning it since our childhood. First, we know the alphabet, understand the word, and frame a sentence. It is how everything starts. It is the basic way to start our communication journey in this world.
We can express our thoughts, emotions, or other feelings with the basic medium called LANGUAGE.
Nowadays, interaction with people all over the world is increasing so much. So many multinational companies are setting up their foot in countries worldwide.
As we all know, there is not any common language being spoken all over the world. Every place has its language. But there are some languages which are being spoken all over the world commonly.
With such a widespread culture and the MNCs, knowing just one cannot be enough to expand our knowledge about the rich heritage and culture of the world. There are a lot of benefits to being bilingual or multilingual. ERP for school and School LMS can help teachers very well in this; through this software, they can easily give knowledge of any language to the children. They also maintain the children’s records very quickly so that the teachers should be easy for them and their workload should also be light.
If the child knows any other foreign language, it will be easy to understand their culture. They can gain interest in knowing their culture only if they know the language pretty well. It helps in connecting the emotions with the culture and relating with them.
- It can also help a lot in maintaining social awareness.
- It will increase job opportunities in different countries as in every country they have their language, and it is mandatory to know the language.
- It will increase the social interaction among the people in different parts of the world.
- We can consider language as the gateway to the outside world. It will give them exposure and will make the children socially aware.
- It also helps improve memory as memory plays a significant role in learning a language. It keeps the brain active. Better is the memory, the more quickly one can understand words, and if the vocabulary is strong, it helps to express the views more easily.
- Knowing multiple languages can help a lot in making multiple perspectives. The perception can expand according to the linguistic culture of the country. Along with the language, the children also learn about the culture and ethics of that country.
- It increases communication skills as well. It is seen that bilingual children have more exposure than monolinguals as they can express their views more adequately and portray things more attractively.
- It also enhances the decision-making power and executive functioning of the brain.
We have so many languages in our country itself, and it is not that for us to settle up in some other state because we cannot communicate as we don’t know their language. The culture can also be a bit different as we know we have a variety of enriched cultures in our country. If a child knows a lot of languages, then it will be very beneficial for them; it will also give them a chance to go abroad; being multilingual is a boon for everyone.
So we can conclude that even for settling up in our own country we need to know more than one language. Just knowing our mother tongue is not going to help. We need to put up an idea accordingly of how difficult it will be to settle in some different country without knowing their language. There is always a need to make the children multilingual to make them socially aware and not make them lose the opportunities they are completely capable of.
Read more: 3 Tips for Creating Great Attorney Websites