Last Updated on November 11, 2023 by Hina Rubab
Online video is the biggest marketing trend these days. Every day, more and more companies realize the potential of video as a marketing and advertising medium. But you can’t just post a bland and uninspired video on the internet and expect people to spend the time watching it. Sure, you can link that video to an ad campaign, but you will get far better results and click-through rates from viewers that watched your video on their own accord.
If viewers had a fun time watching your video or learned something, they would forever associate that positive feeling with your brand. There are many ways in which you can make your videos interesting and fun to watch. Here are some of the best things you can do to spice up your marketing content.
Table of Contents
Make them educational:
The internet is the biggest knowledge stash in the world, and the folks on the internet are always happy to learn about new and interesting things. So, instead of saying, “This is our product, please buy it.” Try to incorporate your product in a way that gives the viewer something to learn, and they don’t feel like they have wasted their time watching an ad.
For example, if your company sells fresh, organic orange juice. You can make a video about the benefits of drinking orange juice and how it will help the viewer. Or, you can make a video about how organic juice is better than the alternatives and the advantages it has over the substitutes.
Tell a story:
A video without any story or character attached to it will only work, as well as a TV infomercial, which is not a good look for online video content. The best way to mitigate this fate is to build a story. Your video should connect to the viewer emotionally to have the most success.
Even if the original production and filming were not very story-focused, a lot could be done through the power of editing. Thoughtful cuts and excellent sound design can elevate a mediocre production into a masterpiece that the viewer will enjoy watching.
Aesthetics are also something to keep in mind when editing the video. It should always match or compliment the tone you are trying to convey through the video. Having a mismatched aesthetic will only serve the purpose of confusing the viewer and will stray them away from your video and, subsequently, your brand.
Some Tips To Follow
Marketing videos are an excellent way to engage your audience, promote your products or services, and increase brand awareness. However, it’s not enough to create a video and hope that people will watch it. To grab your viewers’ attention and keep them engaged, you need to spice up your marketing videos and make them more interesting. Here are some tips to help you do just that:
- Start with a Hook. The first few seconds of your video are critical. You must grab your viewers’ attention immediately and convince them to keep watching. Use a hook that is intriguing and grabs the viewer’s attention immediately.
- Use Visuals Visuals are an essential component of any marketing video. Use a mix of graphics, animations, and live-action shots to keep your viewers engaged.
- Tell a Story People love stories. Use storytelling techniques to create a narrative that connects with your audience and keeps them engaged from start to finish.
- Add Music Music can create an emotional connection with your viewers and enhance the overall mood of your video. Choose music that complements the tone and message of your video.
- Keep it Short, and Sweet People have short attention spans, so keep your video short and to the point. Try to keep your video under two minutes to avoid losing your viewers’ attention.
- Call to Action Always include a call-to-action at the end of your video to encourage your viewers to take action. Whether it’s visiting your website, subscribing to your newsletter, or making a purchase, make sure to give them a reason to act.
Video is the most popular and effective marketing medium on planet Earth right now. Even with this much video content being posted online, the true potential of this medium is still untapped. Producing content that the viewers want to watch and will result in a better click-through rate and audience engagement, which will, in turn, bring light to your brand and products. Thus, putting extra effort into making high-quality video content that is fun to watch and connects with the viewer is definitely worth it.