Last Updated on December 30, 2021 by azamnie
If you have a wet basement and all your DIY methods don’t seem to work on it, then what should you do? If the matter is turning worse and you have mold now, then you should take immediate action. If the whole house smells musty and you don’t really feel like going to your basement, then it is time you hire a professional waterproofing company in Toronto. But what are the things to keep in mind when choosing a Toronto waterproofing company?
Well the good news is that any fixes done by these professionals are permanent and will resolve the issue for a long term. But, the bad news is that it may get costly for you if you hire the wrong waterproofing company. It is not the task of a general plumber and you need a reputable and reliable waterproofing company who knows how to deal with water leakage in the basement. The company and its employees should have experience in dealing with moisture in the basement. Apart from this, cost proves to be another major criterion while making your selection.
You have a number of waterproofing company in Toronto present online. You should narrow down your selection to two or three and then speak to them about the problem and ask for the quote. Book an appointment to see and see which one of them is able to investigate the problem and suggest the right remedies.
Some of the criteria to select a reliable waterproofing company in Toronto are:
- Did the waterproofing team come at the given duration? Were they prepared for all your questions? Did they seem inexperienced to you? Did they not arrive with the right tools and equipment to detect the problem? If not, then they are new and haven’t done this a lot of times before.
- Were they neat and clean? Did they take their business seriously?
- Did they know what the actual problem was? You need professionals and not salesmen looking forward to crack exciting deals. Even worse, you wouldn’t want someone to dig in your basement and then come up with no results.
- Do they possess the right knowledge about basement moisture? Do they know about interior waterproofing and exterior waterproofing? Were they able to tell you what the problem is and what are the suggested remedies for it?
- Did they appear honest to you during their question answer session? Did they fail to answer any of your questions or changed the subject when you asked tough questions? Did they answer all the questions with full confidence?
- Did the contractor agree to work with you at your given budget? Have they clearly spoken about all the costs and expenses involved?
- Does the waterproofing company use the latest and best products and equipment?
In order to get long-lasting results, it is best that you choose a reliable waterproofing company in Toronto. Make sure you do your research well and hire experienced experts for this task.