Last Updated on October 10, 2023 by asifa
We are not robots; we are humans and human can make mistakes. If you are not a native English speaker then you always extra toil for writing English Documents, Articles, Assignments and what you required. But we can make mistakes in punctuation of the sentences.
For instance, you prepare an assignment and submit it to your boss and he checks it and, in that assignment, you make punctuation mistakes, comma splices and also it includes run on sentences, how much embarrassing it will for you.
But don’t worry we will help you to tackle these Grammatical problems. For checking run on sentences you can use run on sentence corrector and correct them in a very appropriate way.
Table of Contents
Run on sentences
Some people don’t know what are run on sentences? They make mistakes in English writing, but they don’t even realize that they are making mistakes because they don’t know those mistakes. We will enlighten you completely about the run on sentences and also told you the solution to avoid these kinds of mistakes.
Two or more complete clauses which connected each other without any punctuation are called run on sentences. All complete sentences have at least one independent clause but it might be also included subordinate clauses or coordinating conjunctions.
Independent clause: The complete clause which can stand alone as a complete sentence and have a perfect meaning no remaining and contain at least one subject or verb is called independent clause. For example; I drank juice.
Subordinate clause: The clauses which are not complete clauses they can’t stand alone but can use as a Noun, Adjective or adverb in a sentence are called subordinate clauses. For example; when I drunk juice
Coordinating Conjunctions:” But”, “and”, “or” etc. are conjunctions. A conjunction like “but”, “and” or “or” that connect two sentences together is called coordinate conjunction. For example; I drank juice but I didn’t like it.
Run on sentence checker
Using correct and appropriate grammar and punctuation is all need for writing a perfect assignment, document or many more things in English language. But it’s not a easy task especially when you are not native English speaker.
But we are here with the solution of this problem. You can use the run on sentence corrector to correct your run on sentences. Just stop embarrassing yourself in front of others because of your grammatical mistakes, use the tool for grammatical mistakes and increase your confident.
You can check out comma splice online and run on sentence corrector, you can use it by visiting the webpage, download extension for your Brower’s and it will automatically detect your grammatical mistakes or you can directly download grammar and punctuation checker free online app on your phone or PC, copy and paste your text in given space, it will check and will highlight the error.
So you can easily make your text error free. We also have more grammatical services for you like passive voice tester, copy and paste checker and more.
7 tips and tricks for tackling run on sentences
You can use these following tips and tricks to revise your paper run on sentences;
1. Use a period: if your sentence is long and include two things in one sentence then you can use a full-stop to separate them.
· I love to play video games it can cause weakness of eyesight.
· I love to play video games. It can cause weakness of eyesight.
2. Use a comma: use coordinating conjunction between two clauses. “Or”, “but”, “yet”, “nor”, “so”, “and” are some examples of coordinating conjunctions.
· Doctor came on time patient had died.
· Doctor came on time but the patient had died.
3. Use a semi-colon: use a semi-colon instead of comma to separate two sentences. Using a semi-colon for separating is also correct. You can use have this option in the run on sentence corrector.
· I purchased 4 different cars my first car was Honda City.
· I purchased 4 different cars; my first car was Honda City.
4. Use subordinating conjunction: use subordinating conjunction to make one clause subordinating in this way for second clause we can use comma and its grammatically in fine. (Although, after, when, unless, before, because, if, until, since, while, if, as) common subordinating conjunction for separating two clauses.
· Alex came home Alexandra had gone.
· When Alex came home, Alexandra had gone.
5. Use colon: we can use colon as well. It is using to introducing the list or starting of some heading.
6. Just focus on your relevant content.
7. Brief & vary your sentences