Last Updated on February 23, 2022 by rida
Expecting twins? Learn and find the tips for parenting twin babies at the same time.
Becoming a parent of twins is an amazing blessing but sometimes challenging task of life as well. Because many negative thoughts may flood in parents mind when having twins: How to fees two months at a time? Will our babies be physically healthy?
Read more: cost of having a baby
Parenting Tips for Twins Babies
Raising twins can be challenging, so these are some surviving tips.
- Ask for parenting help and get expert advice from twins moms who have been through it all. Experienced tips and information from other parents of twins can be beneficial. Do not be afraid to ask as people will understand the challenges parents face.
- When it comes to packing a diaper bag, don’t feel like just because you have two babies, you have to have two diaper bags worth of stuff. The twins won’t need every single thing every single day. Make sure you have the essentials items and nothing more.
- Make a proper routine and schedule for your twins. Proper training will help your twins know what will happen next and what to assume next.
- Rely on a sleep consultant to help when you need professional advice. Give your little ones a sleep training. After four days of sleep, training it will make your life easier. Do not neglect this aspect as depriving yourself of proper sleep can be harmful in the long run.
- Two hungry crying babies can be stressful whether you are bottle feeding or breastfeeding them. Simplify your children’s mealtime. You have to learn how to breastfeed your little one at the same time.
- Identical twins can be similar; it will be challenging to identify. Memorize their physical characteristics. Also, notice any mole or birthmark on each baby. After some time, it will be extremely easy to identify each child.
- Know who is who. Dress your one twin in primary color and the other twin in secondary color. You can also put a tiny mark on one toenail to help you need to keep your twins apart.
- Buy a twin carrier bag or double strollerso that it will be easy to move the babies around when you are out on the go. A twin carrier bag is one of the best gifts for newborn twins baby shower party too!
- Don’t buy the same thing for two of them because each baby is different and may not enjoy everything the other likes.
- If twins cry all together, it can be stressful for you. According to research putting your little ones foot-to-foot together can help calm their tears.
- Treat each baby as a unique individual. Twins tend to depend upon each other. Treating in such a way will help each baby to develop his/her personality.
- Spend some quality individual time with each kid, such as playing, sitting, and talk.