Netgear WiFi range extender is one of the best WiFi devices to get an uninterrupted WiFi signals on your connected devices. The range extender comes with a number of amazing features, giving you incredible WiFi experience ever. Regarding the Netgear extender setup, the process is not a rocket science. It can easily be performed. But nearly 80 percent of the users find installing the Netgear extender a bit tricky. If you do not find the Netgear extender setup process a piece of cake, then this post is for you. Here, we will guide you on how to install Netgear extender in minutes. Let’s start over, shall we?
Table of Contents
Install Netgear Extender
The Netgear extender setup process can be completed in 2 easy ways: They are as follows:
- Manual Method
- WPS Method
You can easily install Netgear extender manually by accessing the default mywifiext.net setup page. Below are the steps required to install Netgear extender:
- Plug your Netgear extender into a working power outlet.
- Wait for a few seconds for the power LED on your Netgear extender become stable.
- Grab a well-maintained, cuts and dust-free Ethernet cable.
- Insert one end of the Ethernet cable into your Netgear extender whereas other end to your router.
- Ensure that your router is turned on and receiving continuous power supply.
- Now, switch on a laptop or desktop and pull up your favorite web browser in it.
- Type mywifiext.net in the URL bar and press the Enter key.
- As soon as you hit the Enter key, you will see that the Netgear extender login page has been displayed.
- Enter the extender’s username and password into the given-fields and click on the Log In button.
- You will be redirected to the Netgear Genie setup wizard.
- Walk through the given on-screen instructions carefully to install your Netgear extender with ease.
Kudos! In this way, you can easily install Netgear extender manually using mywifiext.net. On the off chance if you are unable to install Netgear extender, feel free to contact our experts anytime.
Note: If you experience mywifiext.net not working issue, try using 192.168.1.250 IP to log into the dashboard of your Netgear extender and set it up.
Did the manual method seem bit difficult for you to install Netgear extender? If yes, then try to install your Netgear extender using the WPS method.
Here’s how to install Netgear extender using the WPS method:
- First things first, make sure that your Netgear extender is plugged in properly and receiving continuous power supply.
- Post that, locate the WPS button on your Netgear WiFi range extender.
- Once found, push it gently.
- After 2 minutes, push the WPS button on your router.
Done! Your Netgear WiFi range extender is configured successfully using the WPS button.
Note: Before performing the WPS method, ensure that your Netgear extender and your router supports the WPS feature.
That’s it! Your Netgear WiFi range extender has been installed properly without trouble. Just in case, you find difficulty while installing your Netgear WiFi range extender, consider power cycling it once.
Here’s how to power cycle your Netgear extender:
- Right off the bat, disconnect your Netgear extender from your PC, laptop, and mobile device.
- Unplug your Netgear extender and your router.
- Wait for a few minutes.
- Turn on your devices.
- Plug in your router first and then your Netgear extender.
- Reconnect your WiFi-enabled devices to your Netgear extender’s WiFi, access mywifiext, navigate to its settings and change it as per your preferences.
Once you done with the power cycling process, try to install Netgear extender using the WPS or the manual method. Even if after power cycling your Netgear extender you still can’t install it, immediately ask help from our expert technicians.