Buying a human hair wig is not enough. You need to wear it the right way to offer the look that you want to achieve. If you don’t wear it properly, everybody will note that you are on a wig and not your natural hair.
Of course, lace wigs came as a solution to changing your hairstyle and hair color easily without damaging the natural hair. You can have several hairstyles the same day by simply changing wigs. For example, some women will love to wear short Human hair wigs while going to work but opt for long hairstyles during occasions. You can also change the color as you wish, depending on the colors of your wigs.
The lace front wigs have become more popular because women realize that they are a great fashion accessory. Women love them because they are very versatile. When applied correctly, people can hardly detect it. We shall all see you in your “curly wigs.”
Although one can apply the wig by herself, some women love to have their wigs applied by professionals to fear destroying their hairpieces or hair. Of course, it’s understandable because high-quality lace wigs can be expensive, depending on the type and style you choose.
The best thing about this type of wigs is their ease of application. A little practice can see you applying the human hair wigs equally or better than a professional hairdresser. You can apply the wig using wig glue or a double-sided lace wig tape. Wig glues are more popular among users because it provides a longer and stronger hold.
Before you embark on applying your lace front wig, you should start by braiding your natural hair or wrapping it to achieve a flat surface to lay your wig. The hairpiece will look more realistic with a flatter surface.
You should also gather all the materials required to apply the wig to your head. This will include hair clips or pins, cosmetic sponges or cotton balls, an eyebrow pencil, alcohol, and the lace wig glue.
Master the steps below o understand how to apply a lace front wig:
- Start by cleansing your forehead with an alcohol solution to remove dirt and oils from your skin. Wig glue holds better on clean surfaces. A dirty or oily skin will see your wig holding poorly.
- Pin your wig’s hairs properly to ensure they don’t get stuck in your hair glue along your application process.
- Carefully trim the excess lace from the wig. It would be best if you cut bits by bits to avoid ruining the wig. A lot of care is required to avoid cutting the natural hair.
- Try your wig and decide where you want your hairline to be positioned. Outline this area with the eyebrow pencil.
- Apply the wig glue accurately along the area where the hairline will be. Allow it to dry before placing the lace front wig on your head. Please wait until it is sticky to touch, then apply your hairpiece. Use a tail comb to press the edges of your wonderful headband wig
To be sure that it’s firm, you should tie a silk scarf around your head for the wig to stay firm in place until it is dry. Follow the above-listed steps to apply your wig like a professional.