Summers can get unbearable, which is why it is recommended to invest in a good AC to get respite from the heat. Getting a good quality cooling appliance is a must, but there are other ways to ensure your device offers optimum cooling, even when the temperatures outside keep soaring.
Here are some simple ways to ensure you beat the heat and receive the best cooling this season.
- Clean the outdoor condenser unit: This is a simple trick, yet is very effective. Your outdoor unit will work well if there is no debris. Of course, if you want to do deep cleaning, then make sure to call a professional. Else, basic cleaning can always be done at home.
- Try to vacuum indoor vents and keep vents unblocked: The next step is to vacuum dust and any debris from indoor supply vents. This will help maintain steady airflow and will ensure you feel cool and comfortable during the summer heat. Also, make sure to keep blinds, furniture and toys away from vents, so that they do not get blocked.
- Increase thermostat: You can easily adjust the temperature by about 5-8 degrees, which will ensure enhanced performance, and at the same time, enables greater energy savings, along with low electricity costs. With a programmable thermostat, you can automatically adjust the temperature for different times of the day, or during times when you are going to be away from home for several hours.
- Keep lamps and other heat producing appliances away from the thermostat: If you keep heat producing appliances near your thermostat, then the air inside the room will need to be cooled more. This is why it is recommended that you keep all the heat-emitting sources away from the thermostat.
- Keep curtains and blinds closed during the day: When the direct sun hits the windows in your home, it heats up the room. Try to keep your curtains and windows closed, so that the heat doesn’t enter inside and warm up your room.
- Avoid using your dryer and oven during the hottest hours of the day: It’s best to avoid using your dryer or oven during the hottest hours of the day, since warm air will be drawn into your home, and when you switch on these appliances, the stream of warm air continues to flow in your room.
- Insulate any open ductwork: Try to check if any duct is left open or not properly sealed so that it doesn’t leak any of the cool air. You can also fix ducts using specialized duct-sealing tape, but be sure to check with a professional in case you need help.
These are simple tricks, yet they will go a long way in ensuring you feel cool and comfortable even during the hot summer months. In today’s market, the best AC brand is Carrier and the best split AC under 25000 is arguably Carrier 1 ton 3 star AC, which cools small to medium size rooms in no time, and at the same time, ensuring greater energy savings.
Read More: Tips to Prepare Your HVAC System for Summer