Apart from the improper and reckless uses, are these mistreated hashtags useful or not? On Instagram yes, hashtags are needed and not only are they a valuable tool but also essential for your strategy. In this post I’ll explain why and how to use them to increase the visibility of your brand like Video Production Company in Dubai.
Why are hashtags on Instagram useful?
The hashtags, containers and vehicle of content relating to specific topics, do not have the same functionality on all Social.
In the case of Instagram they sublimate their functions and become fundamental in social management strategies, since they are precious for:
- Increase the reach, or the reach, of your content;
- Reach leads and connect to new potential customers;
- Keep track of the discussions of your interest;
- Identify your brand in a unique, personal and personalized way;
- Favor the memorization and the memory of your brand (or something of your interest);
- Identify your event;
- Monitor the discussions around your brand;
- Encourage discussion and sharing.
It is no coincidence that Instagram recently released a feature that allows users to follow the hashtags of their interest.
This has two important advantages for a brand:
- Enter more easily the feed of the target audience, thus obtaining greater visibility;
- Study the target audience (the one following the specific hashtag), their interests, tastes, habits, obtaining valuable information to be used in their strategies.
How to use hashtags to increase visibility on Instagram?
Here are 5 techniques to harness the power of hashtags on Instagram in terms of visibility:
You may also like this free Instagram followers app to grow your followers instantly.
1. First rule: use only a few generic hashtags
Generic hashtags are the most popular ones and, therefore, allow you to enjoy visibility among a very large audience of users.
On the other hand, however, being continuously used, the contents identified by this type of hashtag have a very short life cycle, since they are easily dominated by new contents or by particularly popular contents.
Then? How to do? For each photo or video you post, find a few generic hashtags that interest you, but no more. Parsimony is the key word!
2. Bet on specific and / or niche hashtags
True, specific and / or niche hashtags enjoy more restricted visibility than generic ones but enjoy two invaluable advantages for your Social Strategy:
- They allow you to reach people who are really interested in that topic and, therefore, in your content;
- The contents published with these hashtags, less used, have a longer life span and therefore, in the long run they can reach a greater number of people.
3. Use location hashtags to take advantage of Local Awareness
Location hashtags are a mine of resources especially for local businesses, as they are widely used by people who reside or travel to that particular place.
These hashtags allow you to reach a very large audience of people, allow you to enjoy visibility to an interested target and often also leverage popular parochialism, helping you to obtain consensus, favor and virality.
My advice? They are three:
- Use at least 3 or 4 Local Hashtag for all your content;
- Diversifies Local Hashtags for various contents, so that they can reach different people every time;
- It uses only ever local hashtag consistent with your content.
An example of Local Hashtag?
Suppose you are a seaside resort in Miami. The Local Hashtags you could use for your photos and videos are:
4. Choose hashtags capable of communicating your personality
The personality of your brand is an essential starting point for any strategic choice you have to make. Not least in the case of hashtags: these too are a communication tool that must narrate and tell your personality.
Are you an ironic and fun brand? You can delight in nice hashtags and, why not, even provocative ones. Are you a brand with a romantic personality? You could include cuddly hashtags to identify and convey your content.
5. Never dispense with your branded hashtag
The branded hashtag is a hashtag of your invention, which identifies you and only you.
What are its advantages?
- It favors the memorization and the memory of your brand;
- Encourage sharing;
- Encourages active participation by users, or the so-called UGC, User Generated Content, the creation of content by the users-customers themselves;
- It allows you to monitor the discussions and conversations around your brand more easily.
It is now clear, therefore, that hash tags can take on value and provide the brand with advantages if and only if they are used consciously and strategically.