Last Updated on August 13, 2023 by Tabraiz
Do you aspire to be an accomplished engineer? Do you hope to work in the field of engineering and have a bright future? If you answered yes, the Joint Entrance Examination is the best way to achieve your goals (JEE). Students apply to some of India’s best colleges and universities via JEE. Furthermore, these institutions have excellent JEE performance and engineering courses.
However, IIT JEE is one of the most difficult entrance exams in India, and the competition is fierce. According to the data, lakhs of students take the exam each year.
To pass an exam with over 11 lakh candidates, you’ll need a well-thought-out planning plan and the best tools. Preparing for JEE Main is a difficult job, and candidates are often perplexed about the books to depend on for better results.
There are certain things that students or candidates must do to be successful. It essentially entails cultivating a positive outlook, as well as hard work and commitment while staying motivated.
Apart from that, it is important for students to use the appropriate study materials. As a result, a slew of JEE books have appeared on the market, but it’s crucial to pick the right one.
Choosing the right book for planning may seem like picking a pearl from the sea, but referring to the right books has several benefits. Good books can aid students in developing a thorough understanding of subjects rather than a shallow understanding.
Table of Contents
NCERT books and solution guides to help in JEE preparations
There are numerous reasons why NCERT books will outperform others on the market, especially for JEE Main and Advanced preparation.
Let us see how NCERT books and solution guides will help you prepare effectively for JEE.
1. For the preparation of the NCERT books, experts with years of experience are enlisted. Their thorough analysis ensures that the result is correct, and it will always point you in the right direction.
2. If you want to pass the IIT JEE or other competitive tests, the first thing you need is a solid understanding of the fundamentals. In this respect, nothing compares to NCERT books and solutions. They are the best for laying a solid foundation in any topic, or even a whole subject.
3. Even complex topics are presented in easy-to-understand terms in NCERT books. It contains all of the required definitions. The material is concise and to the point. This allows you to build a solid foundation of knowledge and concepts without encountering too many difficulties.
4. In the NCERT books, the descriptions of a subject are written in a well-organized manner. NCERT books are the most comprehensive study material available in the market for JEE Main or Advanced preparation because of the step-by-step explanations.
5. Skipping NCERT books and going straight to higher-level books would do you more harm than good. So, get rid of that design as soon as possible, because it’ll be like constructing the top floor of a house before the ground floor is finished. You’ll simply get lost in the centre and return to NCERT to brush up on your fundamentals.
For your JEE preparation, read NCERT books faithfully. You will be aware of every minute detail if you read thoroughly and create answers to the questions while also taking notes. You will also benefit from practising the exercises and in-text questions from NCERT exemplars.
You request a physics theory, and NCERT provides it in great detail. It doesn’t get any better than this for theory-based chapters like Modern Physics. Again, give both NCERT books and exemplars equal attention to ensure vigorous practice.
The Binomial Theorem, Probability, Sequence and Series, Integration, and other chapters should be prioritised. NCERT Books and exemplars will prepare you to solve any problem from JEE’s most feared section, mathematics.
As a result, selecting NCERT books will assist you in passing JEE Main and Advanced with scores above the cut-off percentile. It is also recommended that you read other reference books available on the market after you have reinforced your foundation with the NCERT books.
You can also use RD Sharma Solutions for Class 12 for quick revision. You can check out maths solutions to have a better understanding of the concepts.
best books for the preparation of jee
Applicants who are currently planning for JEE Main 2021 must be searching for the best study materials. And the first thing that comes to mind is which of the books to choose to study for the exam is the best.
It is critical to developing an effective JEE Main planning plan as the exam season approaches. The first step toward good exam planning is to choose the best books for JEE Mains preparation.
Here is the subject wise list of the best books to guide you through the JEE preparation.
- NCERT Textbooks
- Concepts of Physics Vol I and II by H.C. Verma (Highly Recommended)
- Fundamentals of Physics by Halliday, Resnick & Walker
- Problems in General Physics by I.E. Irodov
- IIT Physics by D.C. Pandey
- Problems in Physics by S.S. Krotov
- NCERT Textbooks
- Organic Chemistry – O. P. Tandon
- Organic Chemistry – Peter Sykes
- Organic Chemistry – M. S. Chauhan
- Organic Chemistry – Morrison and Boyd (This book covers a lot of topics with extensive detail. Make sure you highlight what is important before you proceed if you have a time constraint)
- Physical Chemistry – O. P. Tandon
- Concise Inorganic Chemistry – J. D. Lee
- Modern Approach to Chemical Calculations – R. C. Mukherjee (for practice)
- Maths XI & XII by R.D. Sharma
- Objective Mathematics for JEE Main & Advanced and Other Engineering Entrance Examinations by R.D. Sharma
- Trigonometry & Geometry: – Plane Trigonometry Part 1 by S.L. Loney
- Co-ordinate Geometry: – Plane Co-ordinate Geometry by S.L. Loney
- Algebra: – Higher Algebra by Hall and Knight
- Calculus: – Problems in Calculus of One Variable by I.A. Maron
- Differential Calculus by A. Das Gupta.
- Course in Mathematics for IIT-JEE by Tata McGraw-Hill publications. [practice]
Small efforts, replicated day after day, add up to success. So, if you want to crack JEE, make sure to make the most of each day by achieving the small goals you set for yourself each day.