Last Updated on March 11, 2023 by admin
If you are looking for web developers, for your next we b development project to take your ideas on board. Using a web design agency will help you implement your ideas and boost your marketing and business with proper user friendly website design. But, in the era of content management systems like WordPress or Shopify, why do you need a developer or an ecommerce web design agency to build your website as these platforms allow you to create a site with just drag and drop functionality.
But, in the era of content management systems like WordPress, why do you need a developer to build your website. It allows you to create a site with just drag and drop functionality.
Three reasons you should hire a web developer:
- You can apply a time-saving approach to your development process.
- An excellent website needs robust technical expertise.
- Experience matters while designing quality projects.
Now when you have decided to hire developers for your upcoming projects, let’s answer your question; “how do I hire a good developer in 2020?”
Table of Contents
Guide to hiring a web developer in 2020
Before you actually get into the hiring process, understand your website requirements clearly and make a list of what qualities are you looking for?
Let us start step-by-step.
What to expect from web developers?
- Web developers build your website’s architecture. Navigation, page linking, housing information, user permissions, determining user experience, and other visitor activity on the site, web developers are responsible for everything.
- Developers make up the functionality of your website. If you’re an online retailer, you will need an eCommerce Website Development to build related functions. Also, if you sell services, you will look for developers who can provide customers with proper methods to contact your business.
- After developing a working website, they will also test it to see whether it meets your defined project requirements. They will prevent your web pages from link breaks and other issues. Web developers also look after the website maintenance to ensure its works properly in the future.
- The responsibilities of web developers do not end here. You’ll unveil more once you start clearing your requirements.
Do you need a web developer or a web designer?
Often people get confused between these two options and treat them as the same. Web developers do a different job from web designers, but you can find both the skills in a single candidate.
Web designers look after the responsive design requirements of your website. From the colour palette to visuals and website structure, they handle the look and feel of your website.
Web developers implement the task of web designers and put your site to function. From development to maintenance, they will take complete hold of your web development tasks.
Choose your team wisely that includes both the talents to ensure an engaging website is on your side. Moving on with hiring web developers, you have different options to look for expertise.
Read More: How Much Can I Borrow?
Three major categories of web developers
● Full-Time Developers (In-house team)
You may need a full-time developer to work on your side if the website is your primary business. Working as a tech platform, you will need continuous development and maintenance for your website. Hiring a full-time developer will only take you to the next level.
● Web Development Agency
An agency applies a custom approach to designing and developing a website. You will get the exact functionality you are looking for in the site. It can work with you to decide the site’s navigation, features, and the way it looks. To work with an agency, you will need an account manager who will deal with the web developers and designers in the agency,
● Remote Developers
For specialized and sophisticated projects, you can hire freelance developers. There are a multitude of options available whether you look for front-end, back-end or a full stack developer. Freelance developers work more like in-house teams or agencies but offer their services in almost a fraction of the cost. Also, communication is direct; therefore, you can manage the projects very well.
Be more clear – Front- end, Back-end, or Full Stack Development?
● Front-end developers
● Back-end Developers
A back-end developer writes server-side scripts to allow communication between the database and the user’s browser. Ruby, Python, and PHP framework connect the website to the database and hold its information. The complete functionality of a website is based on back-end development.
● Full Stack Developers
If you are for both back-end and front-end developers, it’s better to hire a full stack developer. They can write both client-side and server-side scripts for your website. With even less coordination, full stack developers can speed up your process.
How much is your budget for web developers?
For payments, you can go for an hourly basis or fixed rate as per your requirements. Web development projects would definitely undergo revisions to get a good result.
Working with experienced developers can be put under hourly payment as there are fewer chances of revision and hence extra expenses. Whereas, while hiring non-experienced ones, you should go with a fixed rate. Whether you hire freelancers for small or large projects, deciding a fixed rate is always a better option.
But, be ready to pay extra if you are making more design changes than allowed or completely rephrasing your idea. Also, it depends on the specification of developers; a Laravel developer may charge conversely than a Magento developer or Shopify developer. A mobile app developer has a different expectation than a web app developer.
Craft a detailed Job Description
Once you are clear with your expectations, enlist your requirements in the form of a job description. Specify what skills you need for your project, the estimated salary you will offer, and other details.
Do not forget to mention the exact job role – for example, “We are hiring an OpenCart developer”. Mention the deadline of the project and any other instructions you want to follow.
If possible and necessary, attach a design sample to your job posting that exactly defines your project expectations. Your candidates will know what they have to do after getting selected, and you will get applications accordingly.
Also, mention the things that you would strictly prohibit in your website design; if you want your website to be sophisticated, clarify in the project description.
How to judge a Web developer?
Several parameters can allow you to take the right decision.
- Check their responsiveness in terms of communication and accepting constructive feedback. It’s important how they respond to your emails and other instructions.
- Conduct an interview session that covers whether the candidates have understood your project or not. Try to get information about how well they have interpreted your job requirements.
- 4. Ask for their portfolio and analyse them based on their completed projects. Also, check their ratings if you’re hiring an experienced developer.
Where to find quality web developers?
We recommend you to look at two leading platforms:
- F5 Buddy – Developers at F5 Buddy offer a one-stop solution for all your website development needs. From web developers to an SEO expert, they allow you to hire exceptional talent to meet your website needs.
- Digital Website Development – The motive is to equip website owners with expert web developers for their upcoming projects. Digital Website Development provides quality over quantity and assures the results are worth investing.