Don’t know how to check the AirTag battery? Here in this guide, I will show you how you can check the Apple AirTag battery and replace it if needed.
The smart tracker from Apple comes with a replaceable battery and can be easily changed. But first, you need to check whether you need a replacement or not. As Apple stated, the smart tracker battery should last over a year.
So without any further discussion, let’s dive into our step-by-step guide to check AirTag battery life.
Moreover, you can also check the review of the best AirTag cases if you are willing to buy them.
How to Check AirTag battery Life
- First of all, launch the Find My on your iPhone.
- Next, click on AirTag located under items for whichever battery you want to examine.
- Now, you will see the battery in a pictorial form under the AirTag’s name.
It won’t show you the exact battery health remaining, but it will surely give you an estimate of the remaining battery life of your AirTag. If it’s low, it will show you the battery icon in red color.
Not to worry about repeating the same steps again and again to check the battery. Find My app will give you a notification when the battery health goes down.
Replacing an AirTag’s battery is very simple and won’t take long. You will easily get a bunch of battery cells on Amazon.
How to Replace Apple AirTag battery
- First of all, flip the AirTag so the Apple logo is facing you.
- Next, you’ll have to press the silver plate and move the AirTag in a clockwise direction.
- Up Next, you’ll remove the plate when it’s loose.
- Take the battery out.
- Put in the new battery
- Check that the flat side of the battery is facing you.
- Put the plate back on and tighten it up by moving it in the anti-clockwise direction.
You will hear a pealing sound when you insert the new battery in place. And now, you can start using your AirTag normally like you were using it.
Just in case if the issue doesn’t resolve, then simply try resetting your AirTag.
That’s all. I hope you are able to check or replace the AirTag battery successfully. If you have any other issues, let us know your queries in the comments section below.