If you are passionate about gaming and spend hours at the console consistently, it’s time to monetize your activity. Play by all means but get the dollars rolling in too. And there is no better way than being on the Twitch platform and knowing how to get Twitch followers.
But first, what is Twitch, and how has it changed the lives of millions of gamers around the world by padding their bank balances?
Twitch is a gaming platform that brings together gamers who live stream their games and show off their skillsets and dexterity and viewers who watch the games. Twitch accounts for over 43% of all livestream gaming traffic over the Internet with over 147.5 daily views and 4 million monthly broadcasts. Just imagine if you can harness this power and turn it to your benefit while you indulge in your favorite activity of gaming.
Why Should You Get Twitch Followers?
Before going into how to get Twitch followers, it is necessary to understand why you should do so.
The most important reason is that more the followers for your channel, the higher is the perception of viewers about the authenticity, credibility, and quality of your content. Again, more followers mean that viewers love your gaming skills and the content and want to see you playing. It is a sign of increased popularity too. Viewers feel that there is a lot that can be learned from you while interacting with you.
Now, the money rolls in mainly for those gamers who have a large number of followers because brands that sponsor your games want to reach out to a wider audience. Also, you can get more donations from people who love your games and who will check the number of followers to gauge your popularity.
Finally, one of the best ways to earn on the Twitch channel is to sell personalized merchandise on the channel. The more your followers, the higher will be the sales.
How to Get Twitch Followers
There are two answers to your question about how to get Twitch followers.One is to buy Twitch followers from reputed and established sites and the second is to grow your followers organically over time The second route though is more painstaking and tedious and is a time-taking affair.
# Buying Twitch Viewers and Chatters
You can buy Twitch followers from specialized sites only. Research the Internet to know genuine sites that offer real viewers and chatters. The red flag is sites that guarantee a huge growth of followers in a very short time through automation and Twitch bots. It will inflate the number of followers quickly but the downside is that Twitch does not allow the use of bots on the channel and you can have your privileges suspended or banned.
Keep in mind these factors when you want to know how to get Twitch followersand prefer to buy Twitch viewers and followers.
- Approach established sites only with a good track record of providing real followers and chatters for your channel. By having real followers, not only do you avoid the risk of getting banned from the channel but also get an opportunity to grow your channel organically.
- With reputed sites, you can exercise the choice to buy the number of followers you want as per your budget. It can be as little as 1,000 per lot or as high as 100,000.
- Select a site to buy followers that offer round the clock support
- Avoid sites that provide followers at throwaway rates. It might entice you temporarily but in the long run, these followers might leave and your channel will suffer from a lack of engagement.
Once you buy real followers from credible sites, they stay with you in the long run and your channel gets the social proof necessary for earning money through brand sponsorship, donations, and sale of merchandise.
# Growing your Twitch Channel Organically
Apart from buying Twitch followers, another strategy for how to get Twitch followersis organic growth. Here are a few steps in this regard.
- Have a regular and consistent streaming schedule: Follow a daily streaming schedule to get more followers and capture their interest. Share the schedule on your channel so that viewers who like your gaming and skills will know when to come back next to see you playing. This is an excellent way to build channel loyalty. Without a schedule, viewers will not know when to next find you on Twitch and will move on to other gamers.
- Provide value to viewers: Give your viewers a strong reason for staying on your channel and watching you play. Holding on to viewers can be tough considering that there are almost 2 million channels on Twitch. You should carve out a specialized niche for yourself if you hope to challenge others. Position yourself as an expert in any field – gaming skills, professional advice on gaming, or simply a player who is fun to be with and can raise a few laughs on chat. Excel in a precise segment to bring in the followers.
- Set attainable targets: Your targets to increase followers should be achievable. Try and increase followers in a batch of 200 every month and step on the gas after you have a sizeable number of viewers.
These are some of the strategies on how to get Twitch followers.