Eye shadow is a popular cosmetic applied to the eyelids for making the eyes stand out and look more attractive. Sometimes, eye shadow can be applied under the eyes or to brow bones. When used, eye shadow adds dimension and depth to the eyes and compliments one’s eye colour. It also makes eyes look larger. Eye shadows are available in many colours and textures.
Eye shadows are prepared using powder but available in pencil, liquid, or cream form as well. You can see many options available in faces Canada eye shadow, where you can choose one that best suits your colour and need.
Applying eye shadow perfectly is an art and getting a seamless eye shadow look is not that easy. You can do it yourself by using the right tools for it and a little practice. Choose the right eye shadow colour that matches your skin and other makeup products. Eyelash is an important part of eye makeup. Eyelashes come in different lengths and curl dimensions. Paris Lash Academy provides you the high-quality lashes along with many products.
Here is a quick guideline to apply eye shadow well.
- Choose your right eye shadow – Eye shadow is available in many colours, and you need to select the right colour, texture, and brand that suits you. Eye shadows are available in loose or compact powder or the form of cream. To choose the eye shadow, here are a few tips:
- Most pigmented eye shadow is available as a loose powder. Eye shadows in loose powder forms are quite tough to control. Cream eye shadows are best for easy application, but it tends to crease fast that powder eye shadows. To start with, the ideal texture would be the compact powder.
- While choosing eye shadow colour, go for having at least three colours in the same colour palette. Many different looks require a light, medium, and dark eye shadow colour.
- Select the right brush – Eye shadow is best when applied using eye brow brush, however it can be applied using fingertips. But applying it using fingertips tends to make your eye shadow look too big and would be coated with oil that makes the application challenging. There are different brushes for various application techniques and effects, like packing on eye shadow, smudging, blending, etc. A few tips for selecting brush are:
- Make use of a stiff, flat eye brow brush to apply eye shadow on your lid. It is also ideal for taking up a lot of pigment and to allocate it over your eyelid.
- A soft dome brush is used to apply eye shadow to your crease and then blend it outwards. This is essential to get a smooth and even colour gradation on your eyelid.
- Make use of a soft pencil type brush to apply eye shadow close to your lash line. These areas are small and thin and hence pencil type brush is ideal for filling these areas.
- Apply eye shadow –While applying eye shadow, one main feature is to use the correct speed and stroke. When you rush up the makeup, it becomes messy and unattractive. A few tips for applying eye shadow are:
- While applying the pigment to your eyelid, first pat the eye shadow instead of brushing it on your lid. This helps to stick to your lid better and gives your eyes a solid appearance.
- Do not just sweep over your eye shadow in a fast way, instead make use of short and slow brush strokes. Maintain the same direction of movement to blend colours.
- Eye shadow is the last step in your makeup – Always keep in mind that eye makeup is the last step in your makeup process. So, first, put on your regular makeup. Apply your concealer, foundation, blush, and brow liner before you go in for applying eye shadow. A few tips for a perfect eye shadow are:
- Applying a shadow primer helps your eye shadow last all day. If the shadow primer is not applied, the oil in your skin tends to seep through the shadow and gathers along with your grease soon after wearing it.
- Also, keep in mind not to apply mascara before you are done with eye shadow. Even your eyeliner should come after you use the eye shadow.