Last Updated on May 6, 2023 by asifa
You must be very excited after your purchase from a metal detector store. However, it takes time and patience to get better at hunting, of course. But you can learn from others as well. This way, you’ll have more valuable information at hand sooner. To help you out, here you will find tips that not everyone will tell you, but they will surely make your experience a success.
Let’s get started.
Table of Contents
Tip#1 Never Ignore the Iffy Signals
Many detectorists completely ignore the signals that do not seem encouraging; however, they can turn out to be of great value to your time. Even it can end up being your best metal detecting finds. So, if you have some extra time, make sure to check out these iffy signals.
Tip#2 Keep Extra Batteries with You
There’s nothing more discouraging than to cut your trip short just because your detector ran out of batteries. Therefore, always keep the extra battery set along with you. Of course, the battery in the equipment will run out sometimes, so keeping the extra pair at hand can save you from the hassle of finding a store to buy one urgently.
Tip#3 Be Familiar with Your Metal Detector
No one is an exception to this rule. Whether it’s your first detector or the fifth one, you must know everything about your equipment. All equipment may have the same results, but the function and features vary with each manufacturer. So, you should read the manual, play with the settings, and use different metal detecting accessories to see what works for you.
Tip#4 There Is No ‘Hunted Out’ Zone
Never overlook the area just because it has been hunted out. If there were a significant number of finds, it would probably have more. If you are searching at a similar site, then change the settings on the detector. Play with the depth and the sensitivity, as it can help to find more.
Tip#5 Pack a Tool Box for Every Hunt
You indeed have paid a reasonable price for a metal detector, so you want it to work as well. Whether the terrain is small or large, you must pack your toolbox and take it along on the hunt. It may seem a daunting task to load every time, but we guarantee that it will be worth the time and effort. It is always better to have a specific tool in the bag that you wish you had while hunting out.
Tip#6 Re-Scan For More
Don’t stop yet if you have found one target. Take some time out and explore some more. Dig a bit deeper or use a pinpointer to see if you can discover more things. This trick up your sleeve will become handier when you find a coin; because if there was one, there is a chance you’ll find more.
Get the Best Metal Detector & Explore! Get your metal detector from a store like Teknetics Direct to achieve great results and fun discoveries during your hunt.
A Quick Overview
Some effective tips and tricks for using a metal detector:
- Research and choose the right metal detector: Before starting your metal detecting adventure, research and choose the right metal detector for the detecting you plan to do. Look for one that fits your needs and budget.
- Practice in your backyard: Before heading out to public places, practice in your backyard to become familiar with your metal detector and its settings. This will help you avoid false readings and save time.
- Adjust your settings: Adjust the settings of your metal detector to the type of metal you want to find and the terrain you’re searching. If you’re detecting in a highly mineralized area, adjust your sensitivity and ground balance accordingly.
- Use headphones: Using headphones will help you hear faint signals and reduce outside noise. This will make it easier to detect small or deep targets.
- Search in a grid pattern: When searching a large area, search in a grid pattern. This will ensure you don’t miss any spots and will help you keep track of where you’ve already searched.
- Be respectful: When metal detecting in public places, be respectful of the environment and other people’s property. Always ask for permission before detecting on private property.
By following these effective tips and tricks, you’ll be able to get the most out of your metal detecting experience and increase your chances of finding valuable treasures.