The role of parents is dynamic. As Childstart to grow and learn literacy and numeracy, parents are then thinking of sending them to school. However, as parents embracing the best role for your children could be the best decision you can have. Yes, teaching them at home!
Your Child’s First and Best Teacher
How would you feel to be not only the first but the best teacher of your child? Indeed, early learning at home is a great privilege for every parent to embark on the best role. Tough may seem for a parent to balance work and responsibility to teach at home. Nevertheless, early childhood education at home has long been proved to positively affect children’s development. Proven also to establish foundational skills for a brighter future.
Now is the best time to think about how to set up early learning at home for your little one. At the crucial stage of your child, you can be the first and best teacher he/she can have. To fully support your child’s early learning at home, here is a quick guide.
- Show excitement: Your child has no idea where to start learning, so be the first person to show how excited you are for this milestone. Talk about it over a meal. Appreciate little milestones of learning.
- Make some space: Prepare the learning area for you and your child. His early learning at home should have a homey feeling and prepare your child for formal education. Visualize the space, be creative, and add fun to your learning space. If you are in doubt, you can have an expert to design your learning area at home.
- Prepare your learning materials: Find out available learning tools. Children learn most from virtual, auditory, and psychomotor simulations. It will best help you get the right tools to stir their creativity and critical thinking. These materials can be in the form of videos, physical toys, or workbooks that you can use at your schedule’s comfort. With various learning tools, you can balance your child’s screen time and physical engagement while learning at home.
- Get the Best Out of E-learning: Surely, with this digital age’s advancement, you will find your child more interested in e-learning tools. So, aside from workbooks and physical toys, you should also check educational e-learning materials. However, it would be best if you were very careful in selecting the best tools for your child. Choose proven e-learning providers. They are those who understand the importance of appropriate learning tools and the age of the learner. In this way, you are assured of the best approach for your child’s early learning at home.
- Draft a plan and execute it: Having set for your child’s early learning at home, you have a space to learn and the best tools. The next step is to craft the learning schedule of your child. You can plan it yourself. But there are also learning tools providers who have a tested learning plan using their learning materials. These schedules are also designed especially for the age and type of materials you will be using.
You can be confident in embracing early learning at the home of your child without a doubt. If you are excited, have a prepared space, workable tools, and a learning schedule, then you can surely kick start educating your child at home.