Every taxpayer needs to know about all the taxes for which he is liable. The taxes can be in any form and every person needs to follow all the regulations accordingly. Nowadays the online system has helped almost every taxpayer, especially those who are related to vehicles. Every truck owner needs to fill the HVUT for which Form 2290 can be filed both online and offline. Looking at the busy schedule of the drivers, it will be a great help if they can go for the option of Form 2290 online application.
Yes, with time for the convenience of the taxpayers, the facility of pre-filing of the tax is available with the trusted e-filing partner i.e., eForm2290.com. For the filling, if the forms, first of all, the person needs to fit into the eligibility criteria of the HVUT which is the vehicle should be 55,000 pounds or more to qualify for the tax payment. With the help of eForm2290.com, it is very easy to pre-file the tax ahead of the tax filing season. This pre-tax filing period starts from 1st May and ends on 30th June of every year. The major advantage of the pre-filing provides higher acceptance of the form application with less hassle.
Different reasons support that the taxpayers should go for the pre filing of Form 2290. Let’s have a look at them.
- Saves a lot of time and effort: It is rightly said that if the person starts to plan for the necessary things in advance, he will surely get success in it. If the person knows that he is eligible to pay HVUT, he should surely go for the pre-filing of the tax. So that at the time of the due date of the tax, a person needs to hurry to fill in the tax and spend hours waiting for the notification of the acceptance of the application.
- Fewer chances of penalties: With the pre-filing of Form 2290, it is very easy for the person to get free from the penalties of the late submission of the tax. Even if the tax application gets rejected because of any reason during the pre-filing of the form, it will be easy for the person to resubmit the application again without paying late charges.
- Receive stamped Schedule 1: If the person files Form 2290 before the due date, he is going to receive the stamped Schedule 1 before anyone sees it. This will act as the greatest advantage as the taxpayer will be relieved from the payment of the taxes and he has valid proof for the pre-filing of the tax.
- Resubmit the form after corrections: Sometimes, there are chances that the person might omit some of the mistakes that will lead to the rejection of Form 2290. If the taxpayer pre-files the form, he has enough of the time that will help him to resubmit the file by making all the desired corrections. This is one of the biggest advantages that will save a lot of effort for the person and there will be no hurry to file tax. Even the person can carefully have a look at the form application and cross-check all the details. If the person has doubts about the form, he has enough time to clarify it.
- No need to face technical issues: During the peak season of the filing of Form 2290, there are many chances that there will be more load of work on the server of the IRS. This might lead to a delay in the filing of the form. If the file submitted during that time gets rejected, then the person needs to pay a penalty for the late tax submission. To avoid such situations, it is great to pre-file tax.
- Gives enough time to collect the information: The application of Form 2290, requires a lot of information that is regarding the vehicle and even the business. The pre-filing of the tax will allow enough time for the person to collect all the required information and submit it according to the requirement.
Before the application of Form 2290, it is very important to make sure that all the information that is stated in the form should be correct. Here is the list of the documents that are required for filing Form 2290.
- Business, name, address, and Employee Identification Number.
- All the details regarding vehicle and Vehicle Identification number
- The taxable gross weight of the vehicle
- Number of vehicles that need to be reported in the form
- Tax filing period
- First used month of the vehicle
All these documents if submitted properly will help the person to pre-file the applications. For this the taxpayer can easily take help of the eForm2290.com as it provides the pre-filing facility and even through them, the taxpayer will get easy access to Form 2290 schedule 1.
Read more: Professional guidance on sales tax