Are you experiencing issues with your Linksys extender or router? Can’t you enjoy the internet on your extender or router? Fret not! Have a quick glance at this troubleshooting guide to fix most common issues related to Linksys extender and router. Keep reading!
Table of Contents
Fix: Linksys Extender and Router Issues In No Time
This post covers a couple of troubleshooting fixes to troubleshoot some of the most extender and router issues in no time. Linksys is one of the well-known devices offering its users a vast range of exten ders and routers to improve their internet speed to the fullest. But 4 out of 5 users face issues with their Linksys device (extender or router). If you are also one of those who are experiencing issues with their Linksys device, then this troubleshooting guide is for you.
Issue 1: Linksys Extender and Router No Internet Connectivity
Fix: Those extender or router users who are facing no internet connectivity are advised to walk through a couple of troubleshooting steps given-below.
- If you are using a extender, then make sure that it is connecting to your router (of any brand) properly.
- Use an Ethernet cable that must be in a good condition.
- Now, to check the Ethernet connection if it has been successfully established or not, turn on a PC or laptop, open a web browser, and navigate to extender.linksys.com page. If extender.linksys.com page loads up without issues, then the Ethernet connection has successfully established. Else, you must try to connect your devices in a wireless manner. Simply search for your router’s SSID and connect your extender with it.
- Make sure that your router’s SSID is enabled.
Now, talking about the fixes to troubleshoot with Linksys router issues, connect it to your modem wirelessly or via Ethernet connection. To verify the connection whether has been successfully established, navigate to the Linksys router login using its default IP.
Hopefully, you got a fix to troubleshoot the internet connectivity issues with your extender or router. Moving on, let’s have a quick glance at the next issue with its fix. Continue reading!
Issue 2: Can’t Access the Extender and Router Login Page
Fix: Another most common issue that can spin your head is that Linksys router login or extender login page not working. Thus, to troubleshoot the issue, try a few fixes given-below.
- Check the web browser. If it is outdated, then the extender or Linksys router login page will not work.
- Clear all the browsing history before accessing the router login or extender.linksys.com page.
- Check your PC or laptop if it is connected to your home WiFi network or not.
- Update your device as well that you are using to access the Linksys router or extender login page.
Issue 3: Improper Linksys Extender Setup
Fix: Another issue is improper Linksys extender setup. If your device is not properly setup then also it can give you issues. Thus, to fix it, ensure to set up your extender properly.
Issue 4: Linksys Giving Out Poor WiFi Signals
Fix: If your Linksys router/ extender is not properly placed then also it can hamper your WiFi experience a lot. Thus, to fix it, ensure the following:
- If you have a Linksys router then ensure that it is placed in reach of your modem.
- And if you have a extender, then make sure that it is placed near to your router.
No matter which device you have (extender or router). The device must be placed openly, centrally, and higher location of your home.
Issue 5: Improper Linksys Router Setup
Fix: If you have a Linksys router and it is not properly setup, then remember you can’t make the most out of it. So, to get the internet range all over your house, complete the Linksys router setup process properly.
We hope that you get a fix related to your extender and router. If you have any other query in your mind, feel free to ask us via comments.