BigCommerce is used by most users to earn money all across the globe. Its features and functionalities make it ideal for larger-sized businesses. The pricing policy of BigCommerce is also a bit high from this perspective.
While BigCommerce offers a user-friendly interface, the themes cannot be customized. It requires some technical knowledge to make minor changes. Unfortunately, most of these free templates in this eCommerce platform are old and out-of-date.
Creating new products using BigCommerce is also lacking the preview option. Accordingly, the possible errors will remain visible until the revision process is complete. Also, technical support may not be available 24 hours a day. In the event of a store breakdown on a weekend, you would be stuck until 9 am on the next Monday. BigCommerce needs to improve on various features.
What kind of data can be transferred from BigCommerce to Shopify?
The following data can be migrated from BigCommerce to Shopify:
• Product Information: Includes product information like name, SKU, description, images in the description, status, manufacturer, price, special price, URL, Meta title, Meta description, weight, variants, base image, and an inventory count.
• Clients: First Name, Last Name, Shipping Address (First Name, Last Name, Address 1, Address 2, City, Zip Code, State, Country), Email, Billing Address (First Name, Last Name, Address 1, Address 2, City, Zip Code, State, Country), Address (First Name, Last Name, Street Address, City, Zip Code, State, Country).
• Invoices: Purchase date, price, payment method, customer’s identification number, order date, order status, products, total and subtotal price, discount price, shipping fee, tax fee, customer comments, billing address, and shipping address.
• Coupons: Coupon Code, Coupon Expiration Date, Coupon Date
• Web Pages: Publish Date, Title, Description, URL
• Reviews: Title, Created Date, User Name, Rating & Commenting
• Blogs: SEO URLs, Title, Full Description
3 Methods for Moving Data From BigCommerce To Shopify
The process of moving data from BigCommerce to Shopify seems complicated. You can use any of the approaches to migrating your store. Here are the top three approaches you can consider depending on how easy it is for you to migrate your BigCommerce store to Shopify.
1. Manual migration – requires technical expertise.
Depending on the size of your store, manual migration can be accomplished in one day. In addition to that, you must have the necessary technical knowledge to achieve a seamless migration without data loss.
2. Automatic Migration – Requires an extra tool, app, extension, or service.
You can also automate the migration process by using online tools, converters, or services. A few hours will be required to complete the migration process automatically.
3. Investing in an expert in Shopify migration – Requires time and money.
If you find the migration process difficult or time-consuming, you may hire an expert. While you can get your job done with ease with technical assistance, it will require considerable time and money.
BigCommerce to Shopify migration services
Option 1: By migrating manually you risk omitting information, losing data, and making mistakes. Also, it requires technical expertise that is not simple for someone with no technical background.
Option 2: A paid tool, converter, or service will be required to automate the migration.
Option 3: Hiring technical assistance may require time and money, but will yield the desired result. This gives you a chance to perform other tasks for your business that are important to you.