While many people across the world would be happy to be US citizens and are seeking ways to get a green card, the Americans themselves are actively exploring second passport opportunities. The best options for them in 2023 are the Caribbean region and Vanuatu. While the Caribbean countries have traditionally been a great place that many Americans visited to have a rest or get a passport (sometimes renouncing American citizenship to pay less taxes), Vanuatu is a new player on the market that is becoming more and more popular due to its advantageous conditions.
We would like to invite you to our portal where you will find the full article on the best citizenship programs for Americans. You can get in touch with our expert and discuss your plans and needs to find the best option from all those existing in the market, and we will analyze your situation and provide the best solutions free of charge. However, if you need practical help with any aspect of obtaining citizenship or simply want to get a passport by post after ordering the service online, we can help you at a reasonable fee. All you will have to do is collect the documents in accordance with our recommendations and submit them to us. Click on the above link to contact us!
Table of Contents
Why Get a Second Passport?
Why should you get a second passport if you are a US citizen and your passport is very strong? Let’s look at the reasons why people still choose to invest in second citizenship:
- Remote work. If you want to stay abroad for a long time (like most digital nomads do), a second passport will be more convenient and open many doors for you that are closed if you have a foreign passport.
- Taxes. America is a unique country as far as taxation is concerned (the only country that has the same rules is Eritrea): US citizens have to pay taxes to the country no matter where they are and regardless of the source of income generation. Some citizens decide to shake off this burden by renouncing American citizenship and obtaining a passport from a low-tax jurisdiction.
- Renunciation of American citizenship for other reasons. You may disagree with the country’s policy and ideology, and in this case, you need a reserve airfield to get to if the situation gets hard.
- Disguise. There are countries where the attitude toward the Americans is unfriendly, and it is better to have a passport of a different country to avoid problems.
- Plan B. Far-sighted people tend to have a spare copy of everything – well, just in case. A company, a bank account, and real estate abroad, as well as second citizenship, are the components of a Plan B to use if the situation in the home country deteriorates.
A Program Tailored to Your Needs
There is no one unique offer that would suit everyone if we are talking about citizenship-by-investment programs – and if an agent proposes something like that to you, you’d better find another one. The aim of a well-selected program is to improve your life in some way rather than just give you a relocation opportunity or add a passport to your collection.
Here are some questions you can think about before scheduling a meeting with our expert as it will help select the best offer for you:
- Where are your business activities concentrated?
- Where is your bank based?
- Where do you invest money?
- If your aim is to pay no taxes, are you ready to relocate for this purpose?
- In your opinion, what is an ideal place to live in?
- What passports do you have?
- Are you planning to visit any countries?
- What are the principal goals you set in life?
If you start googling for the best program based on your answers, you may get lost in details and come to us to relieve your headache. Don’t worry – we’ll be glad to help!
Anyway, when you ask us for the best program, another logical question is – best for what? Let’s look at some ready-made solutions:
- If you want to take your family with you, Antigua would probably be the best choice.
- If you want an optimal solution for a refundable investment in real estate, Turkey is the answer.
- Single applicants will benefit most from Dominica and Saint Lucia.
- If you are interested in zero taxes, opt for Vanuatu, Saint Kitts and Nevis, or Antigua.
- If speed is your primary concern, take advantage of Saint Kitts and Nevis or Vanuatu programs.
- If you need an EU passport, the only option currently available is Malta.
- Want to live in a country that has no army? Welcome to Grenada!
- If you want to take advantage of a citizenship-by-investment procedure that is as confidential as possible, look no further than Saint Lucia, Grenada, or Vanuatu.
- If you want to visit China without a visa, get a passport of Grenada or Dominica.
- Finally, if you need visa-free access to Schengen states or the UK, there are a lot of offers here: Antigua, Malta, Saint Lucia, Grenada, Dominica, or Saint Kitts and Nevis.
Which of these are important for you? Sometimes the choice is obvious. However, there are cases when it is harder to target one country, so do not hesitate to talk to our expert – it’s free!
How Many Passports Should You Have?
A simple answer is: you cannot have too many passports! We all know the popular wisdom that cautions us against keeping the eggs in one basket, but have you ever heard anyone say with confidence how many baskets are safe enough? If you ask us, we will say that you need at least three passports to benefit from.
Investment in economic citizenship actually means “buying” opportunities, such as a choice of political systems, traveling visa-free, tax jurisdictions, and so on. As a result, you invest in the ultimate safety and security in your life, which is priceless.
An optimal collection of passports is an individual service as we need to know your situation very well to give recommendations.
If you click on the above link, you will find details about Vanuatu and Caribbean programs you can take advantage of and will see a live chat that can be used to ask any questions to our expert. Don’t put off the important steps towards your safe life until tomorrow – talk to us today!