Last Updated on October 16, 2022 by Umer Mukhtar
Threading facial hair is no longer a trend. Facial hair is removed by waxing these days. If performed efficiently, facial wax results can stay for weeks.
You must be very careful about waxing facial hair as it can go nasty at times. Heated wax adheres to hair strongly as compared the cold the wax strips. However, it is better to seek assistance from a professional before you try facial wax or wax strips for face.
Table of Contents
What Does A Wax Kit Contain? Does It Have Wax Strips For Face?
A wax kit compromises of:
- Wax warmer
- Wax that is ideal for your face
- Pre-wax cleaner
- Muslin strips for wax removal
- Wooden sticks to apply wax
- Post-wax lotion
These are the items that are available in a wax kit. However, if you require something other than this, consult your aesthetician for recommendation. You can also search online for face wax price in Pakistan to discover multiple options and compare them easily.
How to Use Wax Strips for Face?
Applying the wax strips accurately and removing them properly saves a lot of trouble. If you are careless during the procedure, you might bruise your face.
These are the steps you must follow for an effective facial wax:
- Your hair must be 1/4 inch long so you wax. Waxing on short hair can result in ingrown hair.
- Pull you hair back from face and purify your face and hands.
- Remove all the makeup from the face.
- Pat dry your face and apply pre-wax lotion.
- Next, dust talc-free powder on your face on the treatment area.
- Heat the wax adequately, makes sure it is not too hot to burn your face.
- (In case of cold wax strips, apply them directly to your face as per their instructions.)
- In case of hot wax, after warming, apply it to the face using a wax applicator, in the hair growth direction.
- Spread it evenly and the layer must not be too thick.
- Now apply the strip on the wax, and leave a little bit of strip detached in the end for pulling it.
- Press and pat the strip gently in the hair direction, so that the wax glues to the hair.
- In the meantime, the hot wax will cool and this is the time to pull the strip.
- Hold the unattached area of the strip tightly, and with another hand tighten the skin and pull the strip rapidly in the opposite direction of hair growth.
- If a little bit of wax remains on the face, apply the strip again to get rid of it.
- When you are done waxing, use tweezers to pull the stray hair neglected by the wax.
- Lastly, apply after wax lotion or cream to prevent irritation.
Following this method, you can get rid of all the unwanted facial hair easily.
What Are The Benefits Of Facial Waxing?
Some of the major waxing face benefits are as follows:
- Waxing produces long-lasting results as compared to other hair removal techniques. It removes hair from the root and the skin remains smooth for up to six weeks.
- Facial waxing makes new hair finer and less dense which makes hair less noticeable every time you wax. Moreover, the regrowth slows with time, and the time extends in between wax sessions.
- Wax is an economical method of hair removal.
- It is a less time-consuming method of wiping out facial hair.
- Waxing nourishes and moisturizes the skin. Also, the pre-wax and post-was products protect the skin.
- Waxing enhances your makeup look.
What Are The Side Effects Of Facial Waxing?
There are no side effects of facial waxing. However, some of the after-effects are associated with the skin sensitivity of the person. But the potential side effects include redness or inflammation for a few minutes.
Getting rid of unwanted hair is very important. And more important is the selection of the right procedure. Waxing is a wonderful method to remove hair from any part of the body including the face, as it makes the new hair thin. Moreover, you must receive waxing from a skilled person to prevent bruises and rash.
Read more: 6 Ways You Can Style Your Basic T-shirt