Last Updated on April 30, 2023 by asifa
Are you craving some amazing creamy tomato sauce Italian pasta? Here we go with everything you need to learn about the same. Paccheri Pasta is a style of Italian pasta dish which can be covered with a mouth-watering sausage in creamy potato sauce. Having that eye-catching short tabular shape dipped in tomato cream sauce with the garnish of bell peppers, garlic and sausages.
These Paccheri pastas were originated in Campania, Italy and are traditionally nourished in Neapolitan Cuisine. This one contains an amazing texture and flavour when it is superbly mixed with the Italian sausage, bell pepper, garlic and tomato cream sauce. And we assure you that there will be none in the family who won’t like this de cecco paccheri pasta.
The first thing that attracts to the Paccheri is its size, as that 1-inch sized pasta tube definitely looked impressive on the serving plate. And when filled with that creamy tomato sauce made up of heavy cream, garlic, basil and obviously freshly chopped tomatoes.
So, before going any further, let’s learn two best techniques to prepare a sizzling Paccheri Pasta sitting at home.
Table of Contents
Baked Paccheri with Tomato and Mozzarella
- 1 bag/17.6-ounce bag paccheri
- 1 can/14-ounce cherry tomatoes
- 1-pound mozzarella cheese (Cut into ½-inch cubes)
- 1/3 cup cow’s milk ricotta
- Extra virgin olive oil (For taste)
- 3-ounces Parmigiano Reggiano (Grated)
- 1 garlic clove (finely chopped)
- Sea salt (For taste)
- Boil water in a big vessel by seasoning it with salt over it. Then, take a skillet and add virgin olive oil, red pepper flakes and garlic to it.
- Cook it over a slightly medium flame until the oil raises its bubbles.
- Then add tomatoes and a pinch of salt to the skillet and stir it until the tomatoes are warmed for about 3-4 minutes. Remove the pan from heat and then cover it to get warm.
- Take a bowl and combine mozzarella, ricotta, and parsley.
- When the water is boiled, drop the Paccheri Pasta into it and cook, stirring it frequently. Once done, drain the pasta and place it over a baking dish.
- When they are dried up, start stuffing the pasta with half of the cheese mixture, add sizzling tomato sauce at the top and complete it with some cheese at the top.
- Now, just bake the dish for about 25-30minutes or until the mozzarella cheese starts melting and forms a golden crust.
- Finally, take it out from the oven and sprinkle some Parmigiano Reggiano. And there you go ready to serve!
Paccheri Pasta with Sausage:
- 1lb Italian Sausage (Spicy)
- 15-ounce canned tomato sauce
- 1 bell pepper diced
- 3 garlic cloves (Finely chopped)
- ½ teaspoon basic (Dried)
- ½ cup heavy cream
- 8-ounce Paccheri Pasta
- Salt and Pepper (For taste)
- Take a large skillet and cook the sausages on a medium flame, until they are entirely cooked and drain off the fat.
- Now, add the sizzling tomato sauce diced up with fresh bell peppers, minced garlic, and chopped basil. Bring it to a brief boil.
- Then, reduce it to simmer and add that heavy loaded fresh cream into it.
- Boil the Paccheri Pasta al dente and then strain the remaining water in it.
- Finally, add that tubed Paccheri into the skillet with the sausage and tomato cream sauce. Increase the flame and add salt and pepper for taste and switch it off in 5minutes.
- And there you go ready to serve the tempting Paccheri Pasta.
So, once you are done baking the mouth-watering Paccheri Pasta, you surely need a sider to serve with the same. Have a look at what can you serve with Paccheri Pasta –
- Salad – Take some green veggies and add olive oil or vinegar for dressing. Top it with some toasted nuts and parmesan cheese, and you can have it with your paccheri pasta.
- Bread – Garlic bread, baguette, olive bread or sourdough bread with these tempting paccheri pasta can surely be a great choice.
So, are you ready to bake and serve it to your family or you still prefer to buy paccheri pasta from the café around.
Read More: Fresh vs. Dry Pasta