How many times have you searched something on Google and thought how Google knows it all?
Once I was talking to my dad. He was telling me about the guy who lived in the 18th century and did some great work. Being old, he forgot his name. So, I googled the keywords from the story and told him his name. He was amazed.
It intrigued me to learn more about Google. And so, I started watching videos on how Google search works & that is when I came across the concept of Search Engine Optimization.
It is then I decided to learn SEO and become an SEO Specialist.
So, what is SEO?
Let me help you to find out…
Table of Contents
What is Search Engine Optimization?
The term search engine optimization refers to the process of optimizing a website for search engines. It is the practice of using non-paid (also described as organic) search engine results to increase both the quantity and quality of website traffic along with brand visibility.
How does Search Engine Optimization Work?
Besides the term, SEO is all about people even more than it is about search engines. It is all about figuring out what people are looking for on the internet, what responses they are looking for, what keywords they are using, and what kind of content they want to consume. Understanding the answers to all these questions will help you interact with people looking for the suggestions you have on the internet.
Understanding the audience’s intention is one aspect of the SEO equation, the presentation for search engine crawlers to help them find and interpret is another aspect.
Search engines are automated response systems. They sift through billions of kinds of content and weigh millions of parameters to see which ones are most likely to respond to your question. All of it is accomplished by search engines finding and cataloging all the relevant content on the web. This content can be audio clips, photos, web pages, slides, articles, PDFs, videos, etc. The search engines collect this content through a method known as crawling, save it by indexing, and then rank it based on how well it fits the query.
Benefits of Search Engine Optimization
Below are a few benefits of Search Engine Optimization:
- SEO helps you in attracting quality traffic to the website with the help of inbound marketing.
- SEO is organic. You do not pay for ads in SEO to get clicks, traffic, and even leads.
- SEO helps you in getting the permanent keywords ranking on the search engines. As a result, it gets more clicks than PPC
- SEO supports PR
- If done right, SEO can help you move ahead of the competition.
Who Is an SEO Specialist?
An SEO Specialist is a person who understands and uses white-hat SEO strategies to improve the online visibility, traffic, and conversion of the website.
What Is the Job of an SEO Specialist?
Although some simple SEO tasks can be completed in-house with the aid of some online tools, hiring an SEO specialist is the best way to optimize your performance. But what exactly can these experts do for you that you cannot do yourself? And also, what exactly are they doing that makes it all worthwhile to hire them? Of course, increasing their clients’ exposure in search results for queries relevant to their industry, goods, and services is their primary target. However, there are a few main steps that an SEO specialist can take to achieve this aim.
- Site assessment to understand how optimized is the website for SEO.
- Keywords research to find and finalize the relevant keywords that match the targeted audience intent.
- Strategize the plan to optimize the website on search engines.
- On-going optimization and testing of the key SEO elements.
- Work directly with content, social media, technology, data science, and sales team to improve the process for better results.
- On-going analysis and reporting to see what is working and what is not.
How to Become an SEO Specialist?
You can become an SEO Specialist by getting certified, taking online courses and sessions, learning yourself, following the influencers, and joining the groups. Once you have grasped the basics of SEO, one of the best ways to become an expert is by practicing and staying updated with current trends and Google’s algorithms.
Read More: Selling Gold at a Specialist Gold Pawn Shop.